Single Semester Transfer Schools Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Single Semester Transfer Schools

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Grades just came out today and I did very well. I go to a T1 but am considering transferring to a T-14 with hopes of landing a better chance at a big law job in a big East-coast city (N.Y., D.C., Boston). I am going to put in the work this semester to try to keep my grades up and transfer to a top schools, but I was curious if anyone knew of any schools in the T-14 that accept transfers based on only their 1L Fall semester. Thanks in advance.

toast and bananas

Bronze

Re: Single Semester Transfer Schools

Post by toast and bananas » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 pm

A simple search would've answered this for you. UChicago and Georgetown.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Also worth noting, from Chicago:
All applicants accepted under the Early Decision program will be required to submit a law school transcript containing their final first-year law school grades. All offers of admission made under the Early Decision transfer program are contingent upon the Law School's receipt of a final first-year law school transcript demonstrating consistent performance and successful completion of one full year of study at an ABA-accredited law school.

I had a friend who almost had a T20 go back on an EA decision when they dropped pretty significantly in the spring semester. It was no joke. School let him in at the end, but it was a close call.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trmckenz

Bronze

Post by trmckenz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:38 am

While not T-14, Vanderbilt has non-binding Early Action transfer admissions:

https://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective- ... udents.php

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”