Transferring from Touro Law Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dsginsberg

New

Transferring from Touro Law

Post by dsginsberg » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 pm

I am currently a 1L at Touro law. This is my first semester. I graduated from the University of Alabama this past June with less than stellar grades. I had a hard time my freshman year and ended up (embarrassingly) with 1.7 GPA. I graduated with a BA in Political Science with a 3.1 GPA. My senior year I decided what I had known in the back of my head for a while, I wanted to go to law school. My senior year I had to balance personal, family and mental health issues and did not put the work into studying for the LSAT that I should have. I ended up with a 150. I am originally from Long Island, NY and wanted to choose a law school in the NYC area so I could live at home and save money. I only got into Touro with a $22,000 scholarship. I have completed half a semester and while there is nothing so wrong with Touro, I really want to transfer to a better law school. I feel Touro does not have half the resources and opportunities other law schools have. I am working my hardest to be in the top 10% or hopefully the top 5%. I have talked it over with my parents and they fully my decision to attempt to transfer. My dream is Fordham as it seems like I may have a chance and I could stay in NY. My parents have also agreed that they will support me if I choose to go out of state. I do want to stay on the east coast. I want to know what my realistic chances are transferring from Touro. I really want to get into a T2 (the dream is T1 but I know it is so far out of reach coming from a T4). I love the law. I really do. I want to be in a school and environment where I can foster that love and be around others who feel the same. Someday I want to be in either local, state or U.S. politics. I plan to live in NYC after graduating. I have messed up (badly) in the past but I can not go back, only forward. I am currently working my hardest at Touro to make that happen. Has anyone had any experience or luck transferring from a T4 school to a T2? If so, what school and were your grades/ranking. Thank you so much!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Transferring from Touro Law

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm sorry because you put a lot into that, but you can't ask about transfer chances here (or how to transfer) until you have at least one semester of grades. I think if you read through the material in this forum, though, you'll find a lot of answers to your questions.

Return to “Transfers”