please delete Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

please delete

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

runinthefront

Gold

Re: Transferring from PSU-Dickinson

Post by runinthefront » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am a month into law school at Dickinson and am just kicking myself about deciding to come here -- I dislike the town of Carlisle with a passion and this whole "small school" thing just isn't for me. I REALLY miss either being at a major University or city.

Is the earliest you can transfer next year? Is there much of a chance that a school will still honor a full scholarship offer? I feel like I may be stuck here... Which I am not sure that I can stomach for 3 more years.

This is a good school with a great regional reputation and terrific facilities... But, make sure that you are ok with a tiny school in a lousy town (with 2 very sorry bars and nothing else to do) before you come here.
To answer your first question, yes the earliest you can transfer is next year. To answer your second question, no, there's zero chance that a school you transfer to will still honor a full scholarship.

Some schools (Harvard; Yale) may offer substantial need-based aid to transfer students. Some schools may offer nominal merit aid. But for the most part, you're going to pay sticker for the last two years of schooling.

Did you not check out the school prior to attending?
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 am

I did, and had mixed feelings. I ultimately decided on the school bc of some parental pressure mixed with a stipend... Which, I guess, is evidently not very good criteria to base a major decision on, haha

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:I did, and had mixed feelings. I ultimately decided on the school bc of some parental pressure mixed with a stipend... Which, I guess, is evidently not very good criteria to base a major decision on, haha
You best bet is to log off TLS and just study very hard this semester. That alone, of course, won't guarantee you do well enough to transfer out. But it probably raises the odds.

You also cannot post on this particular forum until you have at least one semester of grades.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 am

Why the anon? I think myself and others can guess who you are pretty easily anyway.

Good luck being able to transfer out of that dumpster fire. At least you won't be in any debt so either drop out before grades and try admissions again or ride it out for the three years and enjoy fighting to get a job in the middle of PA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am

sparkytrainer wrote:Why the anon? I think myself and others can guess who you are pretty easily anyway.

Good luck being able to transfer out of that dumpster fire. At least you won't be in any debt so either drop out before grades and try admissions again or ride it out for the three years and enjoy fighting to get a job in the middle of PA.
This was . . . unnecessary, to say the least.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 am

runinthefront wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:Why the anon? I think myself and others can guess who you are pretty easily anyway.

This was . . . unnecessary, to say the least.
Maybe. If the OP is who I think it is, OP was warned extensively about the decision, ignored the advice, and now I feel like saying I told you so. Unnecessary? Probably. But justified? Likely.

Edit: Again, assuming OP is who I think OP is. I also apologize for the harshness of my comment.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: please delete

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:51 am

To be fair, I don't normally see people warning against a school based on its location so much as based on its employment opportunities. It doesn't sound like the OP regrets the school itself, just hates the location, so "We told you so" doesn't really seem to follow.

Also, OP, we don't delete threads. But yeah, your options are to 1) withdraw and reapply to schools for next year or 2) bust your ass to do well and hope you can transfer or 3) spend three years there.

KijiStewart

Bronze

Post by KijiStewart » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:08 pm

BUST YOUR ASS and log off TLS.

Transferring is very possible, especially to transfer friendly-schools in the T13.

Log off TLS and get to work.

FamilyLawEsq

Bronze

Post by FamilyLawEsq » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 pm

OP there are plenty of bars in Harrisburg, York and Lancaster.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”