1L at T10 considering applying for HYS transfer next year Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L at T10 considering applying for HYS transfer next year

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey guy I'm a 1L at a T10 and love my school its great but there are certain complicated reasons which would push me to seek to move after my 1L year. There are only a handful of schools I would consider going to though, HYS and maybe maybe Columbia. I would like to hear from people to made the transfer to HYS or Columbia and would like to hear from your experiences. Would you also mind telling me your previous schools rough ranking and your GPA (or rough GPA).
Roughly what would GPA from a T10 would it take to transfer to HYS or Columbia?
Also did you guys who transferred to those school find discrimination or difficulty in the EIP/OCI recruitment process?

Mullens

Silver

Re: 1L at T10 considering applying for HYS transfer next year

Post by Mullens » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guy I'm a 1L at a T10 and love my school its great but there are certain complicated reasons which would push me to seek to move after my 1L year. There are only a handful of schools I would consider going to though, HYS and maybe maybe Columbia. I would like to hear from people to made the transfer to HYS or Columbia and would like to hear from your experiences. Would you also mind telling me your previous schools rough ranking and your GPA (or rough GPA).
Also did you guys who transferred to those school find discrimination or difficulty in the EIP/OCI recruitment process?
You can't post in this forum until you have a semester's worth of grades. This might all be moot. In the mean time, there are plenty of threads discussing the questions you have and they shouldn't be too hard to find.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:certain complicated reasons
Prestige.

Otherwise, there is really no reason to leave a T13 when you're top 5-10%. At that point, you're going to have far better options than the average HYSCCN student. You'll have the most prestigious clerkships, firm offers, and PI available to you (given you aren't awful at networking and presenting yourself as a human being).

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:48 pm

Mullens wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey guy I'm a 1L at a T10 and love my school its great but there are certain complicated reasons which would push me to seek to move after my 1L year. There are only a handful of schools I would consider going to though, HYS and maybe maybe Columbia. I would like to hear from people to made the transfer to HYS or Columbia and would like to hear from your experiences. Would you also mind telling me your previous schools rough ranking and your GPA (or rough GPA).
You can't post in this forum until you have a semester's worth of grades. This might all be moot. In the mean time, there are plenty of threads discussing the questions you have and they shouldn't be too hard to find.
This is all correct, especially the bolded.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Transfers”