Cancelling Georgetown OCI problem Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lawstudent3000

New

Cancelling Georgetown OCI problem

Post by Lawstudent3000 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:02 am

I was recently accepted to another school, and sent an email Friday morning to Georgetown pulling out and asking them to cancel my OCI's for this coming week. I sent them another email at 4:30 and again at 6:20.

Is there any way to get in touch with admissions people there on a Sunday?? Or should I get in touch with the specific firms to cancel? I'm in NY and have a seperate firm interview Monday morning, so I definitely cannot (and probably wouldn't anyway) fly down to D.C today and show up... (also, likely very unethical I'm assuming)

Any advice?? Thanks

Hand

Gold

Re: Cancelling Georgetown OCI problem

Post by Hand » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:59 am

I'd email the office of career services since they're the ones running EIW and are way more likely to pay attention to their email on the sunday before it starts

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:15 pm

Lawstudent3000 wrote:I was recently accepted to another school, and sent an email Friday morning to Georgetown pulling out and asking them to cancel my OCI's for this coming week. I sent them another email at 4:30 and again at 6:20.

Is there any way to get in touch with admissions people there on a Sunday?? Or should I get in touch with the specific firms to cancel? I'm in NY and have a seperate firm interview Monday morning, so I definitely cannot (and probably wouldn't anyway) fly down to D.C today and show up... (also, likely very unethical I'm assuming)

Any advice?? Thanks
You emailed three times in three days, including twice within 2 hours on a Sunday? You need to take a chill pill

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:37 pm

I'm confused: you're talking about admissions and being accepted to another school, but then you're also talking about specific firms. Are these interviews for admission, or interviews with law firms for SA positions?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:32 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:I'm confused: you're talking about admissions and being accepted to another school, but then you're also talking about specific firms. Are these interviews for admission, or interviews with law firms for SA positions?
OP was admitted to GULC. Signed up for GULC OCI. Was assigned interviews with firms for OCI. After the deadline had passed to cancel interviews. OP was admitted into a higher ranked school and wants to attend there rather than GULC. OP is contacting GULC to try and cancel the GULC OCI interviews so the interviewers don't think OP no-showed. OP is doing OCI at the higher ranked school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

topgun400

New

Post by topgun400 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Let us know how it goes!

Lawstudent3000

New

Post by Lawstudent3000 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:34 am

Hey thanks for the responses, forgot to update about how it went.

Thanks Nebby for clearing it up, and ya I really wanted those interviews cancelled haha. And thank you Hand, I emailed the career services director and he cancelled the interviews so it all worked out :)

perfunctory

Bronze

Post by perfunctory » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 am

hopefully i get to take your spot :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”