BC Law Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gatordntplaynoshit

New

BC Law Transfer

Post by gatordntplaynoshit » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 pm

I'm currently at Mich. State with a 50% scholarship, and no interest whatsoever to stay in the state of Michigan. I got accepted as a transfer at BC Law (which is where I originally wanted to go to LS as a 0L) but I have no scholarship, and have to make a decision in two weeks.

Is it worth it to take on that debt, 50k a year + doubled COL expenses, to get into a legal market that I'm interested in? I made our trial team and wrote onto LR at MSU, but will have the opportunity to tryout for moot court and write on at BC. I struck out round one of our OCI at MSU (we have four rounds with 10-12 employers each round) and will be missing BC's OCI as it starts this week.

BC has a better employment placement, and I'm positive Boston is where I want to live -- I chose MSU over Northeastern because of scholarship and false hope that I could just bar in Mass and make it work.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: BC Law Transfer

Post by UVA2B » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:07 pm

What sort of job do you want in Boston, or for that matter, generally? What benefit does BC give you if you're missing their OCI and all of their major hiring events (BLG, NYC Law fair, etc.)?

Given the limitations you have in most of the traditional hiring paths, I think you should probably sit tight at MSU and use the BC acceptance to get an increased scholarship (if they'll play ball) so you can limit debt, use LR, and mass mail the crap out of every job you could possibly see yourself in, both in Boston and in the Midwest where you're more likely to have some luck.

gatordntplaynoshit

New

Re: BC Law Transfer

Post by gatordntplaynoshit » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:18 pm

I'm looking to get into PI/Criminal Defense or Civil Litigation. I spoke with admissions officer previously about missing OCI, but she told me about other fairs that are on-going throughout the year outside of OCI.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”