Need help please! NYU "intent to enroll" for transfer. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Need help please! NYU "intent to enroll" for transfer.

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:14 pm

So I was recently admitted to NYU as a transfer. The deadline to accept this offer is 11:59pm tonight. I asked for an extension and they said no. To put a seat deposit down, I must sign this:

----------------
"If you utilize this online system, you must confirm your intention to enroll on this page, and then immediately submit your credit card information (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) on the following page, after clicking "I Agree." If you are not ready to pay your deposit on the next page utilizing American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa now, do not proceed.

I have no commitment to attend another law school, will not apply to another law school, and have withdrawn my applications from other law schools to which I was admitted. I have withdrawn from the law school at which I was previously matriculated. I plan to enter the New York University School of Law in Fall 2017.

I have reviewed the information about the Law School's laptop requirement and I agree to abide by its terms. I understand that all students, whether in the JD or Graduate Division, enrolled in or registered for any course at New York University School of Law are required to have, for exams and other purposes, a laptop with wireless Internet capability (one that meets the minimum specifications as described on our Website). Every student is required to type his or her exams on a computer, and handwriting will not be permitted on exams."
--------------------------

However, I have an application out to Columbia still, which is my first choice. Columbia said I should likely hear back by tomorrow. My question is, if I sign this statement and then end up not going, does NYU take any action other than refusing to give a refund for the seat deposit? Has anyone had any experience with this?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: Need help please! NYU "intent to enroll" for transfer.

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm

"I have no commitment to attend another law school, will not apply to another law school, and have withdrawn my applications from other law schools to which I was admitted. I have withdrawn from the law school at which I was previously matriculated. I plan to enter the New York University School of Law in Fall 2017."

Looks fine to me. "Waiting for admittance from Columbia" does not fall into the above categories. It sucks that you will have to lose your deposit though.

joefresh

New

Re: Need help please! NYU "intent to enroll" for transfer.

Post by joefresh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:35 am

^ Agreed. Well done.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”