please delete Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

please delete

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acr

Silver

Re: Internal gossip at old law school

Post by acr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Not that uncommon.

When I was deciding whether to transfer, one of the deans and a professor personally called me to "talk through the decision."

And I disagree with what you said. Transferring is a personal decision, but it's not "personal" in the sense that no one will know about it. I mean, people would get the hint when you don't show up at the same school next year

joefresh

New

Post by joefresh » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 pm

I guess it's rude if you haven't gotten in anywhere yet and are thus "trying to transfer"; on the other hand, if staff mentioned that a student had transferred to X and then the staff talked to each other about how that student left ... that's totally normal and fine imo

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:39 pm

The fact that you attend a law school is not "private," and an administration informing faculty that certain students have transferred is not an act of "gossip."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm

rpupkin wrote:The fact that you attend a law school is not "private," and an administration informing the faculty that certain students have transferred is not an act of "gossip."
Yes, it's obviously not private, but I have not transferred yet...I am still waiting to hear back from a few law schools...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”