Any Point to Thank Dean for Offering to Increase Scholarship Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
KijiStewart

Bronze

Any Point to Thank Dean for Offering to Increase Scholarship

Post by KijiStewart » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:45 am

Prior to officially transferring, I was offered an extra $6k (which honestly felt more of a slap in the face than an honor but anyways). Apparently everyone who gets on LR gets something, but maybe not 6K.

Do I bother writing the Dean to thank her? Haven't responded yet and its been 2 weeks.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Any Point to Thank Dean for Offering to Increase Scholarship

Post by UVA2B » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:47 am

KijiStewart wrote:Prior to officially transferring, I was offered an extra $6k (which honestly felt more of a slap in the face than an honor but anyways). Apparently everyone who gets on LR gets something, but maybe not 6K.

Do I bother writing the Dean to thank her? Haven't responded yet and its been 2 weeks.
You've already officially transferred, so no there isn't a point to thanking them for offering a nominal tuition discount. It was their attempt to try to keep you, and it didn't work.

It'd be like thanking an ex for buying you flowers and promising you that they'll change. Just move on with your life, because they no doubt will be too.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”