OCI Bidding Strategy (Transferring from TTT to T14) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Bidding Strategy (Transferring from TTT to T14)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:08 am

Anyone have some advice or experience regarding bidding strategy for transfer students? I am transferring from a TTT to Berkeley Law.

joefresh

New

Re: OCI Bidding Strategy (Transferring from TTT to T14)

Post by joefresh » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 am

I recommend bidding the firms with the lowest gpa requirements/ones that are known to not be super snobby about grades. Obviously pick firms/locations you're interested in, but assume your TTT gpa will be viewed as wayyyyy less impressive as an equivalent, Berkley gpa.

I was totally shocked to hear that a lot of transfer students with like a 3.8 from a TT would go to a T14 and then bid like S&C and Watchel or whatever. At the end of the day they all pay the same amount and if you're soooo prestige-conscious you can always try to get to a new firm in 3L after your SA.

My advice is bid super conservative and then enjoy making 35k for 10 weeks of work, lol.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”