Ties to Dallas, TX? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ties to Dallas, TX?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Will it matter that I have no ties to Dallas if I transfer to SMU in Dallas, TX?

law9898

New

Re: Ties to Dallas, TX?

Post by law9898 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Yeah, probably. Where would you be coming from? Absent any exigent circumstances I can't really see why this would be beneficial. Sticker at SMU is a ridiculous price to pay for any benefits you are probably looking for. Obviously everything depends on your circumstances so you're going to have to give more information for anyone to justify advising you to transfer to SMU.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Well, I'm from a different country. I spent 11 years in NYC, but I don't want to go back because of the weather and only have a few family members in the US in general. My school is in DC and I don't want to work on the East Coast.

Elfabuloso66

New

Post by Elfabuloso66 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Isn't it a good sign that the job placement isn't too bad there?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”