American v. GW v. Mason Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sssmith

New

American v. GW v. Mason

Post by sssmith » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:00 pm

I am struggling to decide whether I should transfer and where I should transfer to. I finished 1L at American with a 3.48 (top 33%) and have been accepted to GW and Mason as a transfer. I pay 20k a year at American, GW would cost 56k a year, and Mason would be completely free. The goal is a firm job. I could be wrong, but I feel like Mason is almost a step down from AU, despite the ratings, if I am looking to go into private sector. Where should I go?? Any advice would be much appreciated!!

perfunctory

Bronze

Re: American v. GW v. Mason

Post by perfunctory » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:22 pm

American makes you pay back your scholarship right?

sssmith

New

Post by sssmith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

perfunctory wrote:American makes you pay back your scholarship right?
No, that's only with certain types of scholarships. I would not need to pay mine back.

LegalStudy

New

Post by LegalStudy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Mason is completely free. There's your answer.

calgoldenbear

Bronze

Post by calgoldenbear » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 pm

sssmith wrote:
perfunctory wrote:American makes you pay back your scholarship right?
No, that's only with certain types of scholarships. I would not need to pay mine back.
Which scholarships do they make you pay back if you transfer?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”