International Transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DolnaRay

New

International Transfers

Post by DolnaRay » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

Ok, this is on the behalf of a buddy , who's currently finished 1L at his law school at one of the best law schools of India - Delhi University. He sort of wants to know if transferring to a decent law school for 2L in USA is possible.

He is the top 5% of his 1L.

Has a UG degree in Philology which was far from good - let's just say, scoring a decent GPA in India is really , really difficult :P

He has the F1 Visa as well, do decent US law schools take in international transfers? Since I have no idea at all, I am asking.

If it isn't possible, I will just advise him to finish his LLB with high grades and look for a good LLM programme.

grades??

Silver

Re: International Transfers

Post by grades?? » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 am

No, especially because it's an LLB. It's a bachelors degree. One year of that would be in no way sufficient to transfer. Tell him to get his LLB, get work experience and then attempt to apply, but not to hold his breathe.

sanzgo

New

Re: International Transfers

Post by sanzgo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 am

lol no

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”