TTTT 3.5/20%: TT Transfer Plausible? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Bonhoeffer12

New

TTTT 3.5/20%: TT Transfer Plausible?

Post by Bonhoeffer12 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 pm

Finished as a 1L at a TTTT on a full-ride; 3.5 GPA; Top 20%; made law review; Cali'd one class; twice earned an A in LRW; and I'm working as a summer associate with a somewhat recognizable firm. I'll get two strong rec letters - one from my LRW professor and another from my boss.

How prestigious/high can I go in the transfer market? Competitive TT? Low TT? TTT only? I mean, where can I reasonably apply?

Lawstudent3000

New

Re: TTTT 3.5/20%: TT Transfer Plausible?

Post by Lawstudent3000 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Have you not yet applied? If you haven't applied yet, you should know the application deadline for transfers are pretty much finishing up.

Assuming you have submitted apps to schools and are wondering about your chances, I would say you are pretty competitive at some lower first tier schools. With that said, be careful going into loads of debt at a 30+ rank school or something. Aim for regional, see if you can get a good school. Otherwise, be happy with the full ride and get those grades up. A top student at ANY law school can do well.
I'll be likely transferring to GULC in the fall, but would not have settled for a lower ranked school.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Will you likely/possibly have an offer to return to your firm next summer? If so, I wouldn't transfer at all because the marginal benefit you get from going to a TT or T1 school is outweighed by the debt you'll take on as a transfer. If this is just an internship that won't become a long-term offer, then maybe it makes sense, but without more information, your current situation sounds better than transferring to, for instance, GW at sticker.

LawTransfer77

New

Post by LawTransfer77 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:23 pm

T4 here...admitted to Cornell and gtown. No money from either(obviously). You have better odds than anyone here will tell you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”