Have not yet received a decision Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
newyork1990

New

Have not yet received a decision

Post by newyork1990 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:09 pm

I applied to a T14 law school EA, was deferred, and now its July 12 and I have still not received a decision. I called the law school today and admissions said the committee is waiting for a recommendation letter from a former professor at that school, which I asked if I could add ten days ago, before making the decision. They received the letter today. My GPA is a point below the ABA's 25% percentile, but I have a really strong resume, essays, and LORS. Is this lack of decision considered a hold? Could a law school really just make a decision about me based on one LOR? Also if it is a hold, do held students usually get waitlisted, accepted, or deferred?

FormerChild

New

Re: Have not yet received a decision

Post by FormerChild » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:27 pm

It's probably less about the one LOR being determinative, and more about them wanting to have your complete application before making the decision. There are lots of applicants, they only consider completed apps. Now that they have the LOR, your app is complete and is likely going back into the pile. But who knows if it gets put back where it was in the stack or at the bottom. Assuming its GULC, you may have a shot depending on where you're transferring from. If it's UChicago, it's probably not looking good unless you're at a T20 or something.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”