UT or NU transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UT or NU transfer

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 am

I was admitted to both. Make an argument for one or the other. I'll post stats and goals later.

Edit: I want people to sell me on a school one way or another on why they think it's better. Not why it's better for me.

2nd Edit: I did not do a good job specifying what I wanted. I have a biglaw job offer already from my 1L SA. Ive lived in both markets and am still trying to figure out where I see myself in 2 years which is hard. I want people to sell me on their experiences and why they think its the best place, or why they think one market is better than the other. I know the numbers, I know that I will get a job barring I do something drastic in my final months which wont happen. Tell me about your experiences there and what made you want to go there or what makes you happy there. Or, tell me why you passed one up for a different school.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

perfunctory

Bronze

Re: UT or NU transfer

Post by perfunctory » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:34 am

I think you have to post your goals if you want people to argue for one or the other.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:I was admitted to both. Make an argument for one or the other. I want to hear some outside thoughts as I am making this decision so I want objective comparisons. I'll post stats and goals later.
I don't think you understand what "objective" means.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:48 am

OG: I literally just want people to sell me on a school one way or another on why they think its better. Not why it's better for me.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 am

The University of Texas School of Law is located in Austin, Texas. It was founded in 1883. The school was ranked 14th by the 2017 Edition of US News & World Report's guide to the nation's top law schools.

The Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, by contrast, is located in Chicago, Illinois. It was founded in in 1859. The school was ranked 10th—tied with Duke—by the 2017 Edition of US News & World Report's guide to the nation's top law schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawgirl1990

New

Post by lawgirl1990 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 am

Go to NU before these guys eat you alive for this post

candidlatke

Bronze

Post by candidlatke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 am

go to UT if you want to work in texas more than you want biglaw

go to NU otherwise

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 am

lawgirl1990 wrote:Go to NU before these guys eat you alive for this post
This is a good point. On the other hand, OP, you could also go to UT before we all eat you alive for your post. I'm just trying to make sure you see both sides of the argument here.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 am

candidlatke wrote:go to UT if you want to work in texas more than you want biglaw

go to NU otherwise
This isn't helpful. OP asked for a an objective comparison of the schools, not an analysis conditioned on hypothetical goals like "if you want to work in Texas." Please focus.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BholeTransfer

New

Post by BholeTransfer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am

Whole foods started in Austin, so that's pretty wild. On the other hand, Ferris Beuller's Day Off was filmed in Chicago. Tough choice...

perfunctory

Bronze

Post by perfunctory » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:32 am

Everything is bigger in texas and bigger is better.

DLAW87

New

Post by DLAW87 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Go to UT. Probably have a regional connection. Use it to your advantage.

Sacred Cow

New

Post by Sacred Cow » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:21 pm

If you have a job, why are you transferring at all? Unless you're paying sticker at your current school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:38 pm

UT is a state school; Northwestern is a private school.

LurkerTurnedMember

Bronze

Post by LurkerTurnedMember » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:47 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:UT is a state school; Northwestern is a private school.
I enjoy Netflix.

Oh wait, we're actually supposed to provide relevant comments. Your old-school irrelevant private/public distinction got me.

Edit: OP you should evaluate costs. Given that you're set with employment, you should try to limit your debt as much as possible.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:40 pm

LurkerTurnedMember wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:UT is a state school; Northwestern is a private school.
I enjoy Netflix.

Oh wait, we're actually supposed to provide relevant comments. Your old-school irrelevant private/public distinction got me.

Edit: OP you should evaluate costs. Given that you're set with employment, you should try to limit your debt as much as possible.
huh?

KijiStewart

Bronze

Post by KijiStewart » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 pm

BholeTransfer wrote:Whole foods started in Austin, so that's pretty wild. On the other hand, Ferris Beuller's Day Off was filmed in Chicago. Tough choice...
this

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

barkschool

Silver

Post by barkschool » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:26 am

I would go to the state that makes a better Italian beef sandwich

caseysho

New

Post by caseysho » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Sacred Cow wrote:If you have a job, why are you transferring at all? Unless you're paying sticker at your current school.
I would also like to know why you're transferring...? That would help a lot...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”