What are my chances of transferring into UT? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Beckcaity

New

What are my chances of transferring into UT?

Post by Beckcaity » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:07 pm

UT as in Texas.

I currently attend STCL. I have a 3.8 and I'm top 10%. I was top 2% first semester but I got two B+ second semester and kicking myself. I'm interning for a district court judge right now but in a couple weeks I'll be interning at the Texas First Court of Appeals. My district court judge wrote me a LOR and is a UT alumni. I was born in Illinois and did undergrad in Florida. My brother went to STCL and I talked about in my personal statement how I want to practice in Texas because I want to stay close to my family.

Two people from my school have been accepted already. One had a 4.03 and was from Austin. The other was a 3.9 and I have no idea about her ties to Texas.

I know UT is big into their transfers having ties to Texas. I'm worried if my ties are enough since I'm not actually from here. I do honestly plan on staying here though.

Do you guys think my odds are good or not so much? I have a good GPA but idk if it's high enough coming from a TTTT.

Return to “Transfers”