Anyone hear anything yet from UT? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Anyone hear anything yet from UT?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:59 pm

Applied a few weeks ago (3.9, 1# at ttt w/ TX family ties but undergrad/law school out of state) but have not had any response on my app nor have I gotten an interview. Heard from an interviewee they are cutting their transfer class down substantially and really want Texas ties. Anyone in or on hold? And also if you got an interview, how long after you applied did you receive it and how long after you interviewed did you find out their decision?

BholeTransfer

New

Re: Anyone hear anything yet from UT?

Post by BholeTransfer » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Happy to discuss my experience if you want to PM me

caseysho

New

Post by caseysho » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:Applied a few weeks ago (3.9, 1# at ttt w/ TX family ties but undergrad/law school out of state) but have not had any response on my app nor have I gotten an interview. Heard from an interviewee they are cutting their transfer class down substantially and really want Texas ties. Anyone in or on hold? And also if you got an interview, how long after you applied did you receive it and how long after you interviewed did you find out their decision?
Student affairs let a few class of 2018 transfers (those who might be acting as the transfer mentors this year) know that they just started accepting on Tuesday. They do expect to only take around 15 (my class had about 25). If you get an interview, unless you're just a strange human or something blows up, you'll hear in 24-48 hours, max! I haven't heard anything about the Texas ties aspect but it really wouldn't surprise me.

I'd focus on OCI at the school you're transferring from for right now but keep in mind that if you don't hear from Texas for a few more weeks, you'll be pushing right up against UT's OCI deadline and may not get to interview in Austin. Having access to UT OCI is a HUGE perk and how the vast majority of people got their jobs.

texanoutofwater

New

Post by texanoutofwater » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:36 pm

I have. Happy to share my experience.

tcufrog1873

New

Post by tcufrog1873 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:29 pm

How are y'all seeing updates on your application status? I never received a normal LSAC application status log in. Only an email that said look to the LSAC website for any updates. That came immediately after I applied and I haven't heard anything else since.

texanoutofwater

New

Post by texanoutofwater » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:47 pm

tcufrog1873 wrote:How are y'all seeing updates on your application status? I never received a normal LSAC application status log in. Only an email that said look to the LSAC website for any updates. That came immediately after I applied and I haven't heard anything else since.
You need a UT EID in order to log in to check your status. I already had one because I did UT undergrad. If you email the admissions office, they should be able to give you one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”