TTT to GULC a good move? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

TTT to GULC a good move?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Should I transfer from my Midwest TTT to GULC?

I am around top 10% and on no scholarship. I want to clerk, then do academia or big law. Would GULC give me a good shot at academia?

How does GULC do with big law? Why does everyone hate on it? Is it really that bad of a school?

timmyd

Bronze

Re: TTT to GULC a good move?

Post by timmyd » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Heres how it unfortunately works; and this is why it is so important to go to an elite school from the start if you have these kind of pie in the sky aspirations. For the most part, legal academics hail from the top five or so law schools. There are exceptions of course. But these profs usually are top of their class at a high ranking school (GULC would count) with prestigious clerkships. I would not bank on academia because there is like a 1% chance that will pan out.

In terms of clerkships, it will be difficult but the odds are way better than academia as long as you are geographically flexible and not seeking a prestigious clerkship. Even then, you will need to have a very good gpa at GULC.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”