3.91 GPA Transfer options Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
aromano95

New

Re: 3.91 GPA Transfer options

Post by aromano95 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:40 am

Nebby wrote:
aromano95 wrote:
Nebby wrote:
aromano95 wrote:
Nebby wrote:Good shot at every T14 except HYS. Whether it's a good move is a different question. Do you have a scholarship at Kent?
Have $20K in scholarship each year remaining. Meaning after that, I'd owe a balance of $50K, which would be $70K less than sticker at NU or UC
Would sticker at either be closer to 130k? Thus you'd owe 80k more?

Both are between 59-61K, so 120 is the tough ballpark
Is that tuition + COL?
No, raw tuition.
COL will be similar at all places, as I will be commuting from suburbs

aromano95

New

Post by aromano95 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Nebby wrote:Good shot at every T14 except HYS. Whether it's a good move is a different question. Do you have a scholarship at Kent?
Seriously contemplated doing a Nebby call-in, glad you showed up.
Update!
So Kent refuses to bump scholarship.
Leaves me (before interest) 50K in debt at Kent and 120K in debt at either NU or UC (if I even get in, which is still up in the air).
With that in mind, you still think Kent is the place to stay at? Have good contacts at multiple biglaw spots which have expressed interest in offering a SA spot, even as #2 at Kent.
If I get accepted and turn the offers down, am I closing doors down the road? Say to potential investors or other business relationships?

Thanks

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

aromano95 wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
Seriously contemplated doing a Nebby call-in, glad you showed up.
Update!
So Kent refuses to bump scholarship.
Leaves me (before interest) 50K in debt at Kent and 120K in debt at either NU or UC (if I even get in, which is still up in the air).
With that in mind, you still think Kent is the place to stay at? Have good contacts at multiple biglaw spots which have expressed interest in offering a SA spot, even as #2 at Kent.
If I get accepted and turn the offers down, am I closing doors down the road? Say to potential investors or other business relationships
Are you closing doors? No. But might there be some downstream networking benefit to attending UChi or NU? Possibly. Is that theoretical networking benefit worth $70K of additional debt? Probably not, particularly because your post-grad networking will be far more important than your law-school networking. But it's not crazy for you to be thinking about this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”