NY tier 3 transfer chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY tier 3 transfer chances

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Just received grades and am around top 2% (ranking not out yet but previous years confirm) coming from a tier 3.
Was wondering if it's worth an app to Harvard? Also, I know I should blanket t13 but are there any schools (besides Yale and Stanford) not worth applying to because I am coming from tier 3?

Thanks
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

lavarman84

Platinum

Re: Need to narrow down where to apply

Post by lavarman84 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Is it worth an app to Harvard? It depends. You'll get a concrete "yes" or "no." But it would be a bit of a hail mary. So it depends on whether you think it's worth paying the fee for a hail mary.

Other than HYS, you should apply anywhere you're interested in attending. Although, IIRC, UVA is really picky (so if you have no ties, it might not be worth it unless you can give them very compelling reasons why UVA). Duke might be picky too (not as picky as UVA), but I can't 100% recall if that's true.

If you're at a California TTT, it might be worth a hail mary app to Stanford.

butlerraider1

Bronze

Post by butlerraider1 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Which region is your school in? I really think that plays a big part. Anecdotally, two people at my NY TTT were ~top 5% and got into Columbia/NYU. Also, if you're at a Cali TTT you have a good chance at Berkley.

Lawstudent5

New

Post by Lawstudent5 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:07 pm

CCN
Last edited by Lawstudent5 on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:49 am

Hey everyone, decided to apply to H, CCN, P, and Mich/Berk.

What are chances?

Thanks- also, tier 3 is in NY

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

butlerraider1

Bronze

Re: NY tier 3 transfer chances

Post by butlerraider1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 pm

The best anyone can do for you is speculate. Based purely on numbers, I'd say out at H and Chicago--in at Columbia, NYU, Michigan and Berkley...Penn is tough because their transfer class is so small.

Good luck! Congrats on making the decision to apply.

butlerraider1

Bronze

Post by butlerraider1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Also, did you get your final ranking yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks for the replies! My school said the Official Ranking should be out this week

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”