3.44 3rd tier looking at Fordham and NYU. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.44 3rd tier looking at Fordham and NYU.

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 pm

OK, NYU is a little ambiious given my LSAT and undergrad GPA. I'm top 16% of the class, and I'm over 30. I'm also a minority. I'm shooting to ace this semester and get top 10% for the year. Honestly it was Civ Pro that screwed me and it was my favorite class. I got a B and the 5 credits really dragged me down.

Legal writing the prof is a tough grader. Got a B+ and aced crim and torts. This group is small and filled with not so bright folks. If I hit the top spot or close, are my chances good at NYU?

Shootin

New

Re: 3.44 3rd tier looking at Fordham and NYU.

Post by Shootin » Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Hard to tell, but unless you are at like 3.7, the chances are probably not so hot because NYU takes a lot of other t14 transfers, so you really need a strong case with lower ranked schools, especially a t3. But you never know.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Thu May 18, 2017 10:37 pm

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf

Your chances at NYU are very poor, even with your hypothetical grade increase, but you should apply anyway.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 pm

runinthefront wrote:http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf

Your chances at NYU are very poor, even with your hypothetical grade increase, but you should apply anyway.
Thanks. How do you think my chnces thinks Fordham would be?

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Thu May 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
runinthefront wrote:http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf

Thanks. How do you think my chnces thinks Fordham would be?
https://www.fordham.edu/download/downlo ... osures.pdf

Better, but to be honest I'm not familiar with the law-school tiering outside of like the top thirty schools, so I have no idea which schools fall within the T3. Why not look at the schools on Fordham's 509 for the last couple of years to see if your school is in the range of schools Fordham typically selects from?
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shootin

New

Post by Shootin » Fri May 19, 2017 8:55 am

I am pretty sure that you will get into Fordham.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 am

I think NYU would be a stretch but potentially still worth the application. Conventional wisdom suggests the lower ranked your school is, the higher your GPA has to be, but I think it sounds like you have some qualities that could keep you on the bubble, being a more diverse candidate and being an older student. Last year NYU's transfer GPA midrange started at 3.41--all you have to lose is the application fee and a few hour of your time drawing up the application.

runinthefront

Gold

Post removed...

Post by runinthefront » Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 am

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”