From Santa Clara to UC Hastings Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MajesticSeaFlapFlap

New

From Santa Clara to UC Hastings

Post by MajesticSeaFlapFlap » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:18 am

Finding not a ton of information or data points about transfer applications to UC Hastings up in the city.
I mainly want to transfer for prospective jobs and family up in SF, the commute is getting to be crazy.

Wondering if anyone has any input or advice on how to stand out, I have a 3.2 at SCU and I know I need to ramp it up this finals season to beef up my application...

All thoughts welcome! Thanks!

Gunner19

New

Re: From Santa Clara to UC Hastings

Post by Gunner19 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:07 am

Not really too much insight for anyone to give aside from get your grades as high as possible, get good letters of rec from profs you're close to and performed well in their class. Check out the 509 report for gpa percentiles and schools they accepted transfers from. You're a touch above their 25th percentile gpa for transfers, so like you said, gonna want to step that up. Probably biggest consideration for transfer will be if you're getting money at your current school vs. paying full boat at Hastings. I'm not super knowledgeable on the two schools but I imagine that would be worth the jump in rankings.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”