--- Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hh_12029

New

---

Post by hh_12029 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:24 pm

---
Last edited by hh_12029 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Transfer Application Character and Fitness Questions.

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 pm

"have you ever...been placed on probation...for academic reasons" means in the past. It doesn't matter that you're in good standing now. You were dismissed and then placed on probation. Yes, you have to disclose that.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Answer yes for both questions. Not sure how you could possibly convince someone that the answer to either question is "no" based on the info provided.

ETA: you might have too many credits to transfer. If you have gotten 3 semesters worth of credit, you are probably over the maximum. Forget the number off top of my head.

jader06

New

Post by jader06 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 am

30 units is the cap.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:59 am

jader06 wrote:30 units is the cap.
Thanks, jader. So OP, if you have more than this, you can't transfer -- regardless of the issues discussed. That said, you should start preparing yourself on how to answer this question honestly. You will absolutely have to answer this question during the C&F process and must do so honestly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 am

I think if you have too many credits you may still be able to transfer, they just won't all count. But you will have to check.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:46 am

Does your inability to comprehend this application question or your confused grasp of some english language concepts have something to do with why you were academically dismissed/probated? If so, you might consider rethinking the law school thing. (Based on my assumptions about the school you are currently attending, your current gpa, the schools that may accept you on the east coast, and your resultant outcomes/likelihood of being a lawyer). Just something to consider.

ausimpv

New

Post by ausimpv » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:33 pm

lymenheimer wrote:Does your inability to comprehend this application question or your confused grasp of some english language concepts have something to do with why you were academically dismissed/probated? If so, you might consider rethinking the law school thing. (Based on my assumptions about the school you are currently attending, your current gpa, the schools that may accept you on the east coast, and your resultant outcomes/likelihood of being a lawyer). Just something to consider.
Oh cmon. First of all, they seem to be a foreign student. Secondly, you seem to get some joy out of being unnecessarily rude to people on this forum (and have been called out for it several times already). I can only imagine what you're like in real life and what your colleagues think of you.

OP to answer your question: Yes. You have to report it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm

ausimpv wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:Does your inability to comprehend this application question or your confused grasp of some english language concepts have something to do with why you were academically dismissed/probated? If so, you might consider rethinking the law school thing. (Based on my assumptions about the school you are currently attending, your current gpa, the schools that may accept you on the east coast, and your resultant outcomes/likelihood of being a lawyer). Just something to consider.
Oh cmon. First of all, they seem to be a foreign student. Secondly, you seem to get some joy out of being unnecessarily rude to people on this forum (and have been called out for it several times already). I can only imagine what you're like in real life and what your colleagues think of you.

if you dont like my post you can report it. But being a foreign student doesnt give you a pass in a court or in employment. And suggesting op evaluate the possibility that he might end up not being a lawyer after spending 2 more years worth of tuition is not rude.

ausimpv

New

Post by ausimpv » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:53 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
ausimpv wrote:

if you dont like my post you can report it. But being a foreign student doesnt give you a pass in a court or in employment. And suggesting op evaluate the possibility that he might end up not being a lawyer after spending 2 more years worth of tuition is not rude.
But the thing is, no one ever said it did give him a pass. Clearly everyone else here was able to let him know that yes he needs to report it in a mature and helpful manner. Your attempt at a sarcastic and rude comment, as you do quite often on this forum, was not a suggestion. If you want to give constructive advice, give it. But try not to be condescending as hell every chance you get it, it's showing.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:04 pm

ausimpv wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
ausimpv wrote:

But the thing is, no one ever said it did give him a pass. Clearly everyone else here was able to let him know that yes he needs to report it in a mature and helpful manner. Your attempt at a sarcastic and rude comment, as you do quite often on this forum, was not a suggestion. If you want to give constructive advice, give it. But try not to be condescending as hell every chance you get it, it's showing.
you got me. I'm so ashamed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”