deleted Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

deleted

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:14 pm

deleted
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acr

Silver

Re: possible plagiarism issue?

Post by acr » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

I handed in my LW assignment two days ago. But as I reviewed my assignment today, I figured out that there was one sentence(it was citing a non-legal secondary source) that I forgot to cite (This sentence and the sentence next to it were citing the same source... i cited the second one but forgot to cite the first one; both sentences were from a source that I had already fully cited earlier in the paragraph).... Technically, it was not even that I forgot to cite, but I mis-used a "." when it should be ":"(so that there should just be one sentence instead of two)

I was planning on transferring but upon discovering the mistake in my LW assignment I totally freaked out. As my prof blind grades, I don't even know if I should let her know/send her a new brief. I am worried about any possible disciplinary actions, but also about whether this would result in a reduction in my grade. What should I do? Would this mistake ruin my prospective of transfer?

Any advice appreciated. And sorry for being confusing... I am freaked out and cannot think straight at the moment.
I really hope this is a joke and have to believe it is. No one, not even law students, are this neurotic.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:23 pm

acr wrote:

I handed in my LW assignment two days ago. But as I reviewed my assignment today, I figured out that there was one sentence(it was citing a non-legal secondary source) that I forgot to cite (This sentence and the sentence next to it were citing the same source... i cited the second one but forgot to cite the first one; both sentences were from a source that I had already fully cited earlier in the paragraph).... Technically, it was not even that I forgot to cite, but I mis-used a "." when it should be ":"(so that there should just be one sentence instead of two)

I was planning on transferring but upon discovering the mistake in my LW assignment I totally freaked out. As my prof blind grades, I don't even know if I should let her know/send her a new brief. I am worried about any possible disciplinary actions, but also about whether this would result in a reduction in my grade. What should I do? Would this mistake ruin my prospective of transfer?

Any advice appreciated. And sorry for being confusing... I am freaked out and cannot think straight at the moment.
I really hope this is a joke and have to believe it is. No one, not even law students, are this neurotic.
Will probably report this post to mods so that they find out OP's identity and report him/her to the proper authorities. Chin up, though - maybe you'll get time off for good behavior (IF you don't do something like this again!).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 pm

deleted
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Enjoy your A paper if this is what is bothering you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Lol

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:19 pm

You will likely be forced-transferred to a TTT. Sorry, bud.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: deleted

Post by Nebby » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:41 pm

You'll be fine, OP. And you're neurotic enough to make an excellent transfer

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: deleted

Post by rpupkin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:58 pm

I'd submit a revised paper to the LW professor, along with a cover letter explaining what happened. To show that you're serious about not plagiarizing again, make sure to put a citation after every single word in your letter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”