3.36 at Mitchell Hamline Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.36 at Mitchell Hamline

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Hello,

I hope this find you well. My first semester at Mitchell Hamline went just fine. My GPA was 3.36. I got A in Torts, B in Criminal, and B in Civil Procedure. I am exploring my early decision transfer options. Do you guys think I could go to USC Gold or Boston Law?
Thank you in advance for your answers!!

Tiny Rick!

Bronze

Re: 3.36 at Mitchell Hamline

Post by Tiny Rick! » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 pm

Man I can't believe there are still law schools out there I haven't heard of.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:48 pm

Given the curve is set to at or near 3.0 at MH, you should have a pretty good class ranking, which will help.

Not familiar with how aggressive the schools are for taking in transfers, but if you pull their 509s should give you a starting point.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:20 am

Tiny Rick! wrote:Man I can't believe there are still law schools out there I haven't heard of.
haha I see. There used to be two law schools, namely William Mitchell and Hamline School of Law. The schools merged two years ago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:21 am

haus wrote:Given the curve is set to at or near 3.0 at MH, you should have a pretty good class ranking, which will help.

Not familiar with how aggressive the schools are for taking in transfers, but if you pull their 509s should give you a starting point.
Thank you, I will look it up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello,

I hope this find you well. My first semester at Mitchell Hamline went just fine. My GPA was 3.36. I got A in Torts, B in Criminal, and B in Civil Procedure. I am exploring my early decision transfer options. Do you guys think I could go to USC Gold or Boston Law?
What is your class rank?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Nebby wrote:

What is your class rank?
The user likely does not know. If memory serves 1L do not get mid-year rankings because they legal writing class is two semesters and a grade is not issued until the completion of the 2nd semester. Once these grades are out, then a rank will be issued.
Last edited by haus on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm

I don't know my class rank yet. However, the curve at my law school is 2.9.

dannat1000

New

Post by dannat1000 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks for posting here. It is very helpful to others looking for the same kind of information. Out of curiosity, since I'm at the same school and just finished my 1L year, I'm curious to know what your class rank ended up being. If you don't want to divulge that, can you tell me another class rank and what the gpa was? I can use a calculator to get a good estimate if this year's trend follows last year's. Also, when were ranks posted last year? I'm checking my transcript daily and still don't see my rank.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BasilHallward

Silver

Post by BasilHallward » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:38 am

You need to find out your class rank. A 3.36 is not much on its face. It sounds like you're about top 25% or top 20%ish. But, if a 3.36 is top 10% at your school, then you have a shot. Per their 509s, USC let in 2 transfers last year and BU let in 5. These 509s could be incomplete, but those are the numbers right now. Good luck. Start massmailing NOW

dannat1000

New

Post by dannat1000 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't know my class rank yet. However, the curve at my law school is 2.9.
Can you update your post please with where the ranks ended up last year? I am at the same school and very curious. Also, when did they post the ranks? I keep checking, and they are not on the transcript yet.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:33 pm

dannat1000 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't know my class rank yet. However, the curve at my law school is 2.9.
Can you update your post please with where the ranks ended up last year? I am at the same school and very curious. Also, when did they post the ranks? I keep checking, and they are not on the transcript yet.
When I went to the 'My Transcript' page a week or two ago they did not show class rankings (normally it is under the results for the semester, a line below the cumulative GPA), but when I went back to look this evening, I once again see the class rankings on this page.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”