Top 3% of my class looking to transfer early decision to uChicago what should I know and what are my chances? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Top 3% of my class looking to transfer early decision to uChicago what should I know and what are my chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Hey all, first time poster here. I did well my first semester of law school at a top 25 school and was wondering what you all thought of transferring to uChicago early decision.
Gpa was over a 4.0 at another Midwest school. I love the Midwest and would rather go to Chicago over H/Y/S. all advice appreciated!

n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t

Bronze

Re: Top 3% of my class looking to transfer early decision to uChicago what should I know and what are my chances?

Post by n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:10 am

You'll get in, but you should really consider applying to HYS for need-based transfer aid, if nothing else. Then again, IME Chicago is much easier to transfer into ED, so you have to keep that in mind. I think applying to the top 7 schools RD is a better strategy, but if you really think Chicago >>> everything, you might disagree.

CheddarArachnid

New

Re: Top 3% of my class looking to transfer early decision to uChicago what should I know and what are my chances?

Post by CheddarArachnid » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am

n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t wrote:You'll get in, but you should really consider applying to HYS for need-based transfer aid, if nothing else. Then again, IME Chicago is much easier to transfer into ED, so you have to keep that in mind. I think applying to the top 7 schools RD is a better strategy, but if you really think Chicago >>> everything, you might disagree.

Agreed. Don't waste the chance at $$$$! Plus with those stats and any of the T7 you have a good shot at landing an SA in the midwest.

HillandHollow

Bronze

Post by HillandHollow » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:19 am

Unless UChicago is your drop dead dream school and you can pay sticker without an issue, you should try to get some money

ETA: You sound like a very competitive transfer app, based on who transferred in when I was there

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”