2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Hypenberg

New

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Post by Hypenberg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Heisenbyrd wrote:Oh shit!

Program Time: "Both" --> "Part-Time"
NO address change

Also forgot to mention I'm coming from PT, so that makes sense. I think this is a good sign. Good luck everybody!
WOAH!!!!!

CS5509

New

Post by CS5509 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:20 pm

My address changed today... no backdoor still

tcufrog1873

New

Post by tcufrog1873 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:24 pm

For those with address changes, is just changing "Apt." or "Apartment" or should it be doing the same for "Ave."/"Avenue" "St."/Street" etc.

CS5509

New

Post by CS5509 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:26 pm

When I entered my address, I didn't capitalize the name of my road or "drive". They are changed to capitalized now

Heisenbyrd

New

Post by Heisenbyrd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:29 pm

tcufrog1873 wrote:For those with address changes, is just changing "Apt." or "Apartment" or should it be doing the same for "Ave."/"Avenue" "St."/Street" etc.
I had Dr. expand to Drive.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

federalist2019

New

Post by federalist2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Address change, no back door (yet?).

CR2019

New

Post by CR2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Address is at full Street now

Hypenberg

New

Post by Hypenberg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Heisenbyrd wrote:
tcufrog1873 wrote:For those with address changes, is just changing "Apt." or "Apartment" or should it be doing the same for "Ave."/"Avenue" "St."/Street" etc.
I had Dr. expand to Drive.
TLS expanded to Top Law Schools.com

Neirsusca

New

Post by Neirsusca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Neirsusca wrote:No change for me. But I don't have an apartment in my address and chose only full-time so I don't think anything would change...

I lied. They changed "St" to "Street."

Saving my happy dance until backdoor works.

Saving my "I don't give a f*** about finals" attitude until I receive a letter.

Does anyone know if address change is absolutely conclusive? Or has someone in the past had an address change but was not admitted or was deferred?
Last edited by Neirsusca on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

federalist2019

New

Post by federalist2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Neirsusca wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:No change for me. But I don't have an apartment in my address and chose only full-time so I don't think anything would change...

Bad idea. Need GPA for OCI.

CR2019

New

Post by CR2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:42 pm

federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

Law student not purposely sabotaging other law student? Psh go back to medical school, bro.

Neirsusca

New

Post by Neirsusca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 pm

CR2019 wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

Law student not purposely sabotaging other law student? Psh go back to medical school, bro.
LMAO it was definitely a joke......

nrthwst4now

New

Post by nrthwst4now » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:53 pm

I forget, in previous years was there a correlation between address changes and acceptance?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HelpMe!!

New

Post by HelpMe!! » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Just means decisions are close to being released, I think

federalist2019

New

Post by federalist2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Neirsusca wrote:

Does anyone know if address change is absolutely conclusive? Or has someone in the past had an address change but was not admitted or was deferred?
I don't know whether or not there is a correlation but I think an address change is required regardless of decision since GULC needs the correct formal address for any mailings (including emails with an address section). Just my two cents.

Neirsusca

New

Post by Neirsusca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:59 pm

federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

I don't know whether or not there is a correlation but I think an address change is required regardless of decision since GULC needs the correct formal address for any mailings (including emails with an address section). Just my two cents.
That makes sense. But aren't deferments and rejections emailed whereas acceptances are mailed? In which case correct address wouldn't matter except for accepted students?

federalist2019

New

Post by federalist2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Neirsusca wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

That makes sense. But aren't deferments and rejections emailed whereas acceptances are mailed? In which case correct address wouldn't matter except for accepted students?
I would think they would still want the correct formal address in the address section of the heading of the email; I imagine an email would essentially be a PDF of an actual mailing. However, I clearly have no experience on which to base this reasoning.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Neirsusca

New

Post by Neirsusca » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:11 pm

federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

I would think they would still want the correct formal address in the address section of the heading of the email; I imagine an email would essentially be a PDF of an actual mailing. However, I clearly have no experience on which to base this reasoning.
Seems likely. I'll do some research and see if I find any trends/correlations.

acethebar

New

Post by acethebar » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:20 pm

My address is still the same and I guess this was a bit of a long shot for me...

kdbae

New

Post by kdbae » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Address change from "ave" to "avenue"

Lawstudent5

New

Post by Lawstudent5 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Is the citizenship updated to USA also? My address was always "Avenue" so I don't have any updates

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tcufrog1873

New

Post by tcufrog1873 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Neirsusca wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

I seem to remember that there was a direct correlation between address change and acceptance in previous years. Were you able to find anything?]
**UPDATE: according to the 2014 thread, there is no correlation**

Mine just changed from "ave" to "Avenue" (sometime between 9am this morning and 11am) but I am a long shot to get accepted.

Based on what I remember from previous threads, I would think backdoor should start to work sometime tomorrow afternoon and emails should be sent Friday.

Neirsusca

New

Post by Neirsusca » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:45 pm

tcufrog1873 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Neirsusca wrote:

I seem to remember that there was a direct correlation between address change and acceptance in previous years. Were you able to find anything?

Mine just changed from "ave" to "Avenue" (sometime between 9am this morning and 11am) but I am a long shot to get accepted.

Based on what I remember from previous threads, I would think backdoor should start to work sometime tomorrow afternoon and emails should be sent Friday.
I did a brief review of last year's thread during Civ Pro (so take the following with a grain of salt), and definitely found a correlation between address change and admittance. The vast majority of people with address changes were admitted; the rest did not post whether or not they were admitted. No one had an address change and then posted that they were deferred or rejected (though this could easily be explained by disappointment from not getting in). Only one person did NOT have an address change but was still accepted (then had an address change after acceptance).

So there seems to be some correlation but it's far from conclusive.

Also it's likely that they will email decisions this year before mailing; last year they were e-mailed on April 22nd citing upcoming deadlines as the reason for email over snail mail.

Associate

New

Post by Associate » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Address change from apt. --> apartment

Hilary Clintonian

New

Post by Hilary Clintonian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 pm

Address change this morning!
rd---> Road

TTTT t-25%