2016 Berkeley Transfer Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
estefanchanning

Bronze

Re: 2016 Berkeley Transfer Thread

Post by estefanchanning » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:49 am

I think so yes. I was just checking the catalog of classes and got overwhelmed at the variety

jd677242

New

Post by jd677242 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Does anyone know if you can withdraw your intent to enroll after submitting?

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:38 am

jd677242 wrote:Does anyone know if you can withdraw your intent to enroll after submitting?
Yes, you can. Ive gotten emails from B saying that they acknowledge my enrollment and they are happy to have me, but to let them know if my plans change. Theyseem pretty open about it.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:13 am

Sooo...what day do you guys we'll hear back the results for write-on?

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Anything??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

afa0307

New

Post by afa0307 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi All,

It was great to meet some of you today at CDO's meet and greet. I created an FB group for the incoming transfers to connect.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/997271523725956/

clshopeful

Bronze

Post by clshopeful » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:01 pm

I joined the Berkeley group on facebook, but where is the actual Berkeley law transfer page?

edit: annnnd found it.

ladysansastark

New

Post by ladysansastark » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But there is no longer a PM feature.

For those of you who transferred, how did you do at OCI? What was your experience like at Berkeley as a transfer? Any regrets?

I

Questions123

New

Post by Questions123 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm

ladysansastark wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But there is no longer a PM feature.

For those of you who transferred, how did you do at OCI? What was your experience like at Berkeley as a transfer? Any regrets?

I
RT i want to know this too!! Strongly considering UCB (but also am concerned about getting in on time to participate in OCI because the Berkeley OCI is so early)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nrthwst4now

New

Post by nrthwst4now » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:28 pm

ladysansastark wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But there is no longer a PM feature.

I
I know many transfers got the jobs they were looking for but some did not (some got no offered initial and of that subsection some got jobs fairly quickly after OCI; others I am unsure of). I think it comes down to how you interview. Most firms (with only a few exceptions) judge you based on your interview skills and look favorably upon the grades from your 1L. Some say that you are judged as if you are from your old school but I don't buy that. It is somewhere in between. They know what degree you are gonna end up with and some of them may have transferred themselves. Even though I don't think transfers compare to the top of the class in many instances, they certainly have the chance to get offers at top tier places. I got offers from a V10, 2 V50s, and a V100. Others were similarly situated.

As for timing it is fine for EIW (the CDO will reach out to you and give you resources you can fully participate in the lottery). The harder part is moving. All doable and all worth it (assuming you have thought through the $$$ of it all). Good luck.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”