Official GW Transfer Thread 2016 (Class of 2018) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Top20TransferHopeful

New

Official GW Transfer Thread 2016 (Class of 2018)

Post by Top20TransferHopeful » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:19 pm

It's time to get this going. 15% at TT. Patent bar eligible. Post your stats and any updates. I was complete early Feb. and am currently under review as of 3/14. Any one else under review?

TransferDC

New

Re: Official GW Transfer Thread 2016 (Class of 2018)

Post by TransferDC » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:24 am

Top20TransferHopeful wrote:It's time to get this going. 15% at TT. Patent bar eligible. Post your stats and any updates. I was complete early Feb. and am currently under review as of 3/14. Any one else under review?

Heard anything back yet?? Really anxious to hear. I'm at about 15% too, at a school ranked ~ 50

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:27 pm

TransferDC wrote:
Top20TransferHopeful wrote:It's time to get this going. 15% at TT. Patent bar eligible. Post your stats and any updates. I was complete early Feb. and am currently under review as of 3/14. Any one else under review?

Heard anything back yet?? Really anxious to hear. I'm at about 15% too, at a school ranked ~ 50
Probably won't hear till early May. That's when last year's EA decisions came out. I was thinking about GW, but now that I'm in at Vandy I don't think I'm gunna go if I get in.

TransferDC

New

Post by TransferDC » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:30 pm

eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:

Probably won't hear till early May. That's when last year's EA decisions came out. I was thinking about GW, but now that I'm in at Vandy I don't think I'm gunna go if I get in.
Huh, Vandy does EA? Didn't know that..

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm

TransferDC wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:

I think a bunch of schools started doing it. I only found out by looking at the website. UT does it, too. You should apply if you're interested cause you will likely get in-- I got in with 3.5 (15%) from a school in the 70s.

If you're dead set on DC, you might have to wait it out until early May. Which sucks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TransferDC

New

Post by TransferDC » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm

eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:

I think a bunch of schools started doing it. I only found out by looking at the website. UT does it, too. You should apply if you're interested cause you will likely get in-- I got in with 3.5 (15%) from a school in the 70s.

If you're dead set on DC, you might have to wait it out until early May. Which sucks.
Pretty set on DC, but thanks for the heads up. What do you think my odds are at GW? I've got a masters too and taught for a couple years. Really, really want to transfer up there

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:48 pm

TransferDC wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:

Pretty set on DC, but thanks for the heads up. What do you think my odds are at GW? I've got a masters too and taught for a couple years. Really, really want to transfer up there
Odds are very good. You're not making that big of a jump if your school is ranked ~50, and your grades are good. I'd actually be schocked if you didn't.

The only thing that sucks is that GW takes about 50-60 transfers from American and Catholic together, and a lot of those kids get in with less than stellar grades. Some get in at median (which is a joke if you ask me). The remaining ~50 spots are for everyone else.

I would say your odds are very good, though.

TransferDC

New

Post by TransferDC » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:52 pm

eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:
TransferDC wrote:

Odds are very good. You're not making that big of a jump if your school is ranked ~50, and your grades are good. I'd actually be schocked if you didn't.

The only thing that sucks is that GW takes about 50-60 transfers from American and Catholic together, and a lot of those kids get in with less than stellar grades. Some get in at median (which is a joke if you ask me). The remaining ~50 spots are for everyone else.

I would say your odds are very good, though.
OK well let's hope you're right! I have family, friends, soon to be fiance - everyone is in DC. It'd be pretty wrenching to not get in

westcoast311

New

Post by westcoast311 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Status checker says "Decision Made" and I received an email with GW Law financial aid instructions and the ability to pay an enrollment deposit so it seems decisions are out

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WoodsyAtoll

New

Post by WoodsyAtoll » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:40 am

westcoast311 wrote:Status checker says "Decision Made" and I received an email with GW Law financial aid instructions and the ability to pay an enrollment deposit so it seems decisions are out
Same. Seems like someone is probably getting in a good heap of trouble this AM.

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:01 am

westcoast311 wrote:Status checker says "Decision Made" and I received an email with GW Law financial aid instructions and the ability to pay an enrollment deposit so it seems decisions are out
Hmm I have the status change but no email? Maybe I'm deferred? I'd be shocked, but anythings possible I guess

WoodsyAtoll

New

Post by WoodsyAtoll » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:08 am

eyeofvigilence wrote:
Hmm I have the status change but no email? Maybe I'm deferred? I'd be shocked, but anythings possible I guess

The emails referenced an "incomplete financial aid file," so maybe it was a glitch for those admitted but missing FAFSAs (or similar).

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:11 am

WoodsyAtoll wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:

The emails referenced an "incomplete financial aid file," so maybe it was a glitch for those admitted but missing FAFSAs (or similar).
What's your stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WoodsyAtoll

New

Post by WoodsyAtoll » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:13 am

eyeofvigilence wrote:
WoodsyAtoll wrote:
eyeofvigilence wrote:

What's your stats?
Just outside top 10% at a T2/3

billbraskysucka

New

Post by billbraskysucka » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Checking in. "Decision made" as of yesterday (4/21). No email or anything yet.

What does that MEAN?!

Stats --> 3.7 at T3

oneLpt

New

Post by oneLpt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Has anyone received an official decision email yet, assuming it is separate from the fin aid email that some people have received?

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm

oneLpt wrote:Has anyone received an official decision email yet, assuming it is separate from the fin aid email that some people have received?
I haven't.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

billbraskysucka

New

Post by billbraskysucka » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:44 pm

oneLpt wrote:Has anyone received an official decision email yet, assuming it is separate from the fin aid email that some people have received?
Also have not received an official decision email yet. Did you get the financial aid one?

oneLpt

New

Post by oneLpt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:02 pm

billbraskysucka wrote:
Also have not received an official decision email yet. Did you get the financial aid one?
No, just the "decision made" update. Looking at the previous year thread, it seems decision emails go out after 4pm...

shortymcfly

New

Post by shortymcfly » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:10 pm

For those who did not get an email from financial aid, when you filled out FAFSA did you add GW as a school to be included?

levofb1907

New

Post by levofb1907 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:04 pm

should admitted student be able to log on to the admitted student's site? waiting is killing me, but that method cannot find my account. was curious if there is something like GULC's backdoor

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

levofb1907

New

Post by levofb1907 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Accepted!

westcoast311

New

Post by westcoast311 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:21 pm

email finally came

oneLpt

New

Post by oneLpt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Acceptance email received!

eyeofvigilence

Bronze

Post by eyeofvigilence » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:43 pm

Also in. I thought I was getting deferred cause I didn't get the emails yesterday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”