Northwestern Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
goldgirl786

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Transfer

Post by goldgirl786 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks for the info! Will be on the lookout

retirethecows

New

Post by retirethecows » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Deedee5 wrote:My stats are:
Midwest T3
Top 6%
3.80 GPA
5 years WE At top accounting firm
Summer SA role at top local firm

I did get into GULC EA.

I will say that I do think that they are giving interviews to every candidate that applied. Your should be getting an e-mail soon. I had my interview yesterday and the officer said that we can expect decisions at some point in the month of July. Sounds like they have a lot of applications to go through.
Thanks for the info. Do they do Skype interviews like Chicago or did you go in to the office? I got an interview at Chicago but haven't heard from NU, I feel like it should have been the other way around haha.

Deedee5

New

Post by Deedee5 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:14 pm

They did a Skype interview.

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Are they closed tomorrow?

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:18 am

Let's hope for movement this week. Last year the 3rd and 4th rounds happened this week...we are still at zero

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am

leigh912198972 wrote:Let's hope for movement this week. Last year the 3rd and 4th rounds happened this week...we are still at zero
This is the latest i have seen them come out with any decisions. Even in 2013 when the status checker had issues they sent out a couple wait list emails before the 4th

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:47 am

I feel like a lot of T14 schools this cycle are reporting later than in previous years.

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:40 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:I feel like a lot of T14 schools this cycle are reporting later than in previous years.
Dunno if its related but I feel like more ppl are considering transferring as well at least at our school

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:48 pm

champloo wrote:
bmmccb223 wrote:I feel like a lot of T14 schools this cycle are reporting later than in previous years.
Dunno if its related but I feel like more ppl are considering transferring as well at least at our school
Same at mine. In other news it seems acceptance emails can go out M/W/F based on past years so maybe we will hear something today

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTtop13pct

New

Post by TTtop13pct » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:51 pm

champloo wrote:
wouldn't that be hard to gauge considering you weren't at the school last year and the people most interested in transferring probably did?

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:55 pm

TTtop13pct wrote:
champloo wrote:
wouldn't that be hard to gauge considering you weren't at the school last year and the people most interested in transferring probably did?
You can look at how many transferred out last year vs. how many you know have applied to transfer this year.

champloo

Bronze

Post by champloo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:30 pm

w7ldcard wrote:
TTtop13pct wrote:
champloo wrote:
You can look at how many transferred out last year vs. how many you know have applied to transfer this year.
13% has a valid point and the problem with 509 reports is that they don't show how many applied, just those that matriculated (I assume). However, the reason why it feels like more ppl are applying to transfer is through talking with the ppl who transferred as well as the people who didnt. Like I said in my earlier post, its just a feeling with no hard evidence and only relevant to my school.

I also thought it odd that ppl with good numbers that should (could?) have gotten in last year were either waitlisted or even dinged at gulc. Along with the late notice from NU (compared to prior years) it could mean that more ppl with better numbers are trying to transfer. Again, a BIG ASS emphasis on "could."

Also, imo the new format of the 509 reports also encourages students to transfer since transferring is no longer as black-boxish as before. Transparency seems to have increased applicants.

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Called admissions (couldn't help myself...) and they said it will be another 1-2 weeks before decisions.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:Called admissions (couldn't help myself...) and they said it will be another 1-2 weeks before decisions.
you brave soul. Thank you!

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:22 pm

bmmccb223 wrote:Called admissions (couldn't help myself...) and they said it will be another 1-2 weeks before decisions.
Thats disappointing. This will make me apply to do OCI at my current school before I know at NU

retirethecows

New

Post by retirethecows » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:31 pm

w7ldcard wrote:
Thats disappointing. This will make me apply to do OCI at my current school before I know at NU
Same here. Such a bummer.

dfg

New

Post by dfg » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 am

much appreciated; this is just awful. what's the wait? gulc was able to get out responses by now and they didn't do interviews

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bmmccb223

Bronze

Post by bmmccb223 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 am

This cycle is just strange across the board. I agree with previous posters that the transfer applicant pool has probably expanded this year.

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 am

I'm wondering if it's because they want to interview everyone (as I - maybe mistakenly - thought their policy was) and so they are going to frantically schedule the next two weeks full of interviews for those that haven't yet.

Just a theory

w7ldcard

Bronze

Post by w7ldcard » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:25 am

leigh912198972 wrote:I'm wondering if it's because they want to interview everyone (as I - maybe mistakenly - thought their policy was) and so they are going to frantically schedule the next two weeks full of interviews for those that haven't yet.

Just a theory
They can still interview after sending out the first round of invites.

TransferHopeful17

New

Post by TransferHopeful17 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 am

Maybe the school changed its policy this year, but I do not believe it interviewed all transfer applicants in the past.

Taken from its FAQ:

I'm applying as a transfer student. Should I sign-up for an interview?
Transfer applicants do not formally interview as part of the application process. Please do not schedule an on-campus or Skype interview. If the Admissions Committee has questions while reviewing your application over the summer, you will be contacted directly.

But a change in policy would explain the delay relative to previous years. However, so would an increase in transfer applicants and a delay in other schools making decisions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DukeofCambridge

New

Post by DukeofCambridge » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:27 am

I think the lower T-14 are waiting for Harvard/Columbia/NYU to release their decisions, between those 3 schools, that's roughly 160 students that would have also gotten in anywhere lower-ranked. Once H/C/N release their decisions, then we should see movement rather quickly, in time to meet bidding deadlines.

TTtop13pct

New

Post by TTtop13pct » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:58 am

bmmccb223 wrote:This cycle is just strange across the board. I agree with previous posters that the transfer applicant pool has probably expanded this year.
Yes, I'm starting to fear that people with less-than-elite stats like my own will be left out in the cold.

maplecai

New

Post by maplecai » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 pm

DukeofCambridge wrote:I think the lower T-14 are waiting for Harvard/Columbia/NYU to release their decisions, between those 3 schools, that's roughly 160 students that would have also gotten in anywhere lower-ranked. Once H/C/N release their decisions, then we should see movement rather quickly, in time to meet bidding deadlines.
This is a good point.
As for the application pool, I believe quite the opposite, that is there are not enough applicants this cycle compared with previous years. If there is a big pool of applicants flooding in from the beginning, they would certainly release the results in several rounds. That is a natural way to balance heavy workload.

I did not submit my application until June 28 and received admission's email the next day reminding me of the deadline and the required materials missing from my file. I think it is a sign of them carefully tracking every incoming application to the last day because there are not enough of them...

goldgirl786

Bronze

Post by goldgirl786 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I made a phone call myself earlier this morning, and I was told that they would start released few decisions this week. However, I got the vibe that the majority are still pending.

I had a concern and was hoping to receive a decision by the end of the week because I have to make decisions on other schools and deposits. I was told to send an email with my concern so they can add it to my file. Not sure if it was a bad move because now it seems pushy and asking for a rejection, but whatever, rather not be stuck in limbo and be @*%#$!^ from all sides.

Just thought I'd share because very possible, few of you will hear by the end of the week.

Good luck!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”