Helpful Info for New "Should I Transfer" Threads Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
quiver

Silver

Helpful Info for New "Should I Transfer" Threads

Post by quiver » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:04 pm

Many people in this forum usually just say "I got into X school, should I transfer?" That is obviously not enough info to get helpful feedback. I noticed that the choosing law school forum has certain guidelines to address this concern, and I thought this forum may benefit from the same. In that vein, those seeking advise on transferring should provide:

-Your current law school (or as specific a range as possible) and the total debt at graduation if you were to stay (debt = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships - financing from sources other than loans.)
-The transfer schools you are considering and the total debt at each, at the time of graduation, if you were to transfer there.
-Where you're from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any).
-The type of job you are seeking directly following law school as well as your longer-term career goals.
-If you provided a range rather than your specific current law school, an assessment of how well your current school places graduates into your target market and your target jobs.
-Any other personal factors that may influence your decision (eg: being close to family, needing a market where your significant other can find a job, etc.)

I'm happy to take suggestions on other items to add to the list. As a former transfer, I'm also happy to give my two cents on transfer decisions, both in this thread and via PM.
Last edited by quiver on Sun May 24, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Helpful Info for New "Should I Transfer" Threads

Post by Nebby » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Arrow?

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Nebby wrote:Arrow?
Nope. Just plain 'ol quiver.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:37 am

Bumping this for transfer season.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:04 pm

quiver wrote:Bumping this for transfer season.

quiver

Silver

Post by quiver » Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 pm

quiver wrote:
quiver wrote:Bumping this for transfer season.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”