UChicago Anyone??? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bertmacklin

New

Re: UChicago Anyone???

Post by bertmacklin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Awesome thanks so much and good luck. :o

enjoy the holiday weekend 8)

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:52 am

Last edited by FrostedMiniWheats on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

islandsouvenir

New

Post by islandsouvenir » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:24 pm

is it a bad idea to call on monday for some sort of indication of what my chances are? i was interviewed this week and i'm facing deposit/oci deadlines elsewhere.

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:10 pm

islandsouvenir wrote:is it a bad idea to call on monday for some sort of indication of what my chances are? i was interviewed this week and i'm facing deposit/oci deadlines elsewhere.
you could call and nudge them to release decisions sooner...but i'm skeptical that they would tell you about your chances over the phone or something

lhanvt13

Gold

Post by lhanvt13 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Any movement?
This thread is so quiet

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:29 pm

interviewed last monday....lady told me we'd hear back in "early july". i feel like that should be this week, no?

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:45 pm

choices>chances wrote:interviewed last monday....lady told me we'd hear back in "early july". i feel like that should be this week, no?
there's a second wave of interviewees that wrap-up on the 10th...personally i think UChi will wait until the CLS/HLS/NYU/Penn (or whoever else) candidates withdraw before releasing decisions...3L at UChi who transferred from my school said he interviewed 6/28 and was admitted 7/17.

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:11 pm

FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
choices>chances wrote:interviewed last monday....lady told me we'd hear back in "early july". i feel like that should be this week, no?
there's a second wave of interviewees that wrap-up on the 10th...personally i think UChi will wait until the CLS/HLS/NYU/Penn (or whoever else) candidates withdraw before releasing decisions...3L at UChi who transferred from my school said he interviewed 6/28 and was admitted 7/17.
sh!t

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:21 pm

choices>chances wrote:
FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
sh!t
I'm really hoping I'm wrong... but Chicago always takes fewer transfers than its peers so I can see them not caring if they lose a dozen or so candidates to its peers by releasing later

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

islandsouvenir

New

Post by islandsouvenir » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 pm

i called today and was told that results "traditionally" come out by the 15th. i was also told that the adcomm could decide to release earlier. earliest decision i saw from last year's thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&start=75) was july 10th.

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:22 pm

islandsouvenir wrote:i called today and was told that results "traditionally" come out by the 15th. i was also told that the adcomm could decide to release earlier. earliest decision i saw from last year's thread (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&start=75) was july 10th.
part of me just died.

Guessing this means that they'll admit the auto-admits on the 11th after the second cohort of interviewees wrap-up on the 10th. And then release the rest of the pool after the HLS/CLS/SLS kids withdraw or something. fuckk

islandsouvenir

New

Post by islandsouvenir » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:31 pm

FrostedMiniWheats wrote: Guessing this means that they'll admit the auto-admits on the 11th after the second cohort of interviewees wrap-up on the 10th. And then release the rest of the pool after the HLS/CLS/SLS kids withdraw or something. fuckk
what & who are "auto-admits?"

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:35 pm

islandsouvenir wrote:
FrostedMiniWheats wrote: Guessing this means that they'll admit the auto-admits on the 11th after the second cohort of interviewees wrap-up on the 10th. And then release the rest of the pool after the HLS/CLS/SLS kids withdraw or something. fuckk
what & who are "auto-admits?"
prob depends on which school you're coming from. But i guess i would define them as the kids who are getting admitted to HYS. HLS commitment deadline for its first crop of admits is this Friday and the second group of interviewees at UChi finish this Thursday. And there is likely overlap between the two pools (I know there are at least 2 from my T20 who were admitted to HLS but are still interviewing with UChicago this week). Either UChicago will admit the candidates of that caliber on Thursday in effort to poach them from HLS or (and i think this is more likely) wait until the the HLS-bound candidates withdraw their applications before releasing their first wave of admits.

ETA: This is all speculation so take with grain of salt lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 pm

this is terrible. i have a duke deposit (binding) deadline on tuesday and georgetown on friday. if i dont hear back from chicago by friday i may have to go with duke....

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 pm

choices>chances wrote:this is terrible. i have a duke deposit (binding) deadline on tuesday and georgetown on friday. if i dont hear back from chicago by friday i may have to go with duke....
tuesday as in today?

bertmacklin

New

Post by bertmacklin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm

I didn't read the Duke deposit as being binding it says to only withdraw from schools you have been accepted to and you haven't been accepted to UChicago yet so I don't think it's binding.

You might have to eat $500 if you end up getting into Chicago after depositing at Duke but I don't think it's binding.

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 pm

tuesday the 15th.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pluto111

New

Post by pluto111 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Anyone update today or hear anything? Last year acceptances came out on the 10th.

FrostedMiniWheats

New

Post by FrostedMiniWheats » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:49 pm

pluto111 wrote:Anyone update today or hear anything? Last year acceptances came out on the 10th.
nope...still UR 7/3 after my round of interviews wrapped up... gah

choices>chances

New

Post by choices>chances » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Omg Chicago, hurry up already!!!!!! :shock: :roll:

yolo420blazeit

Bronze

Post by yolo420blazeit » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm

status update O_O

Current Status: Application Under Review
Current Status Date: 7/11/2014

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RollTide45

New

Post by RollTide45 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 pm

yolo420blazeit wrote:status update O_O

Got that update as well. Good or bad you think?

JuniperCreekEsq

Bronze

Post by JuniperCreekEsq » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:59 pm

RollTide45 wrote:

+1

yolo420blazeit

Bronze

Post by yolo420blazeit » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:00 pm

RollTide45 wrote:

no idea. I have shit stats though fwiw

pluto111

New

Post by pluto111 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:00 pm

RollTide45 wrote:Got that update as well. Good or bad you think?
Ambiguous, but at least it's a positive sign that they are releasing decisions today. Last year, decisions came on the same day (7/10) that people updated.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”