View/Input Transfer Stats Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
$peppercorn

Bronze

Re: Did you transfer? Please input your transfer stats here

Post by $peppercorn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:58 am

concurrent fork wrote:Interesting. According to the responses, at least five people (at five different schools) were on law review as 1Ls. I've never heard of a school doing this.
I assumed that meant that the cut off for grading on was known for their school and that they were above it---so they knew they would be on it if they stayed.

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:16 pm

concurrent fork wrote:Interesting. According to the responses, at least five people (at five different schools) were on law review as 1Ls. I've never heard of a school doing this.
A previous poster told me to put it up. I don't see how qualifying for law review benefits your chances, so I assume they are talking about actually participating.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 pm

drmguy wrote:
A previous poster told me to put it up. I don't see how qualifying for law review benefits your chances, so I assume they are talking about actually participating.
Yeah that's how I read the question. Maybe some LRs have 1L subciters.

IsTheFatLadySinging

Bronze

Post by IsTheFatLadySinging » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Can you try to add something to make it clear if the individual was denied from the schools applied to or withdrew after a different school accepted the applicant.

For Example:

If the graph reads "Applied To" Gtown, Mich, Minn, Boston. And then under "Accepted at" the applicant just lists "Michigan." We have no idea if the applicant withdrew at Gtown, Minn, Boston OR if they were rejected.

Thanks!

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 am

keg411 wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:
keg411 wrote:
Coolgrnmen wrote:I just submitted, though I had a suggestion even if it's too late.

Success at new school section - Law review/journal, moot court, rank changes, etc.

It appeals to different demographic.
I think "success at new school" isn't standard though and can be based on a lot of outside factors (what classes you took, how easy the adjustment was, etc.).
Success at any school is subjective to some extent. But law journal and moot court would be good benchmarks if not the new ranking
I don't understand how. At most transferee schools you try out for law journal and moot court prior to getting first semester grades.
Correct, but people measure success in different ways. Getting on law journal for me was relatively a success. Likewise, making the national moot court team also provided me with a sense of success. Finally, hypothetically of course, finishing in the top 1/3 or honors categories made me feel highly successful. Now contrast someone who made law journal and moot court team and only finished top 1/2...I still think that is success at the new school. No?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jess

Post by jess » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heeloftar

New

Post by heeloftar » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks for putting this together

taxnstuff

Bronze

Post by taxnstuff » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 am

For softs - consider adding a write in for other softs, pretty sure my license and regional ties are the only reason I was accepted.

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:43 am

taxnstuff wrote:For softs - consider adding a write in for other softs, pretty sure my license and regional ties are the only reason I was accepted.
I'm not a fan of "other" because it increases the likelihood that extraneous info will find its way on here.
Region is already included.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

taxnstuff

Bronze

Post by taxnstuff » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 am

drmguy wrote:
taxnstuff wrote:For softs - consider adding a write in for other softs, pretty sure my license and regional ties are the only reason I was accepted.
I'm not a fan of "other" because it increases the likelihood that extraneous info will find its way on here.
Region is already included.
Fair enough. Great job btw.

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Bumping so 2012 transfers can start inputting stats.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Can you re-link and repeat instructions? Don't post until complete with cycle?

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Since you can't update, I am going to delete any posts that haven't finished their cycle.

Input your stats here: Input Form

View stats here: Transfer Stats

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

transfer dilemma

New

Post by transfer dilemma » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:46 pm

drmguy wrote:Since you can't update, I am going to delete any posts that haven't finished their cycle.

do it

Venom

New

Post by Venom » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for putting in the time to do this!

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

transfer dilemma wrote:
drmguy wrote:Since you can't update, I am going to delete any posts that haven't finished their cycle.

do it
I am trying to convey chances in the most hopeful way possible. That's why I only included admit and withdraw.

Btw, you should think to this thread in the transfer thread you made.

transfer dilemma

New

Post by transfer dilemma » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:18 pm

drmguy wrote:
transfer dilemma wrote:

do it
I am trying to convey chances in the most hopeful way possible. That's why I only included admit and withdraw.

Btw, you should think to this thread in the transfer thread you made.
I definitely agree. You're compilation is probably the best shot in the dark that we really have in terms of understanding the data.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to link to this thread from the other lol. I'll do that now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:25 pm

I only saw one worth deleting.

If you guys need to update then resubmit. I will delete duplicates.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Added my data.

I would get a little more specific in the GPA ranges. There's probably a difference between a student from the top 7% and a top 10% at some schools and the form doesn't allow that info to be on there.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:03 am

Thanks for your contribution, drmguy. This is major stuff, and no doubt took some time on your part to set it up. Wish this had been around when I was filling out transfer apps back in the day.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

drmguy

Silver

Post by drmguy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am

I'm bumping this thread in hopes that it will decrease the pre-grade transfer speculation.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:40 am

drmguy wrote:I'm bumping this thread in hopes that it will decrease the pre-grade transfer speculation.

drmguy

Silver

Re: View/Input Transfer Stats

Post by drmguy » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 am

Only post EDs if you aren't going to apply during the regular cycle. Also, let me know if something needs to be deleted/edited.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: View/Input Transfer Stats

Post by Nebby » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:33 pm

The organization of the chart is very difficult to navigate. I recommend removing all the data for people that didn't get accepted into a top-20 school, since the overwhelming majority of people in here are looking for stats on transferring to a top-20 school.

Also, I would organize this into two different charts: (1) Those that transferred from T14 schools to SLS, HLS, and YLS; and (2) those from non-T14 schools that transferred to top 20 schools (including SLS, HLS, and YLS--it happens). You could also add a third chart that showed people that transferred between T14 schools. For those that are looking to stay at a competitively ranked school but move to a different market. Such as someone transferring from Stanford to HLS or YLS, or someone from Georgetown transferring to NYU/CLS.

Basically, so that people at certain schools can more easily find what their current situation is, and what people with similar stats transferred to what schools.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”