View/Input Transfer Stats Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
drmguy

Silver

Re: View/Input Transfer Stats

Post by drmguy » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:17 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:The organization of the chart is very difficult to navigate. I recommend removing all the data for people that didn't get accepted into a top-20 school, since the overwhelming majority of people in here are looking for stats on transferring to a top-20 school.

Also, I would organize this into two different charts: (1) Those that transferred from T14 schools to SLS, HLS, and YLS; and (2) those from non-T14 schools that transferred to top 20 schools (including SLS, HLS, and YLS--it happens). You could also add a third chart that showed people that transferred between T14 schools. For those that are looking to stay at a competitively ranked school but move to a different market. Such as someone transferring from Stanford to HLS or YLS, or someone from Georgetown transferring to NYU/CLS.

Basically, so that people at certain schools can more easily find what their current situation is, and what people with similar stats transferred to what schools.
That would either a very elaborate rerouting script, multiple forms, since a single form can't populate multiple spreadsheets, or require me to manage the output spreadsheet by copy pasting every new entry into one of the multiple spreadsheets you suggested.

The way it's set up allows me to simply sort by GPA, which is the most maintenance I'm willing to do. Actually, I just set it up so that it will automatically update. I changed my mind. I'm not willing to do any maintenance.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”