T14 Transfer Status Change Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jstn1104

Bronze

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Post by jstn1104 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:00 pm

starchinkilt wrote:Columbia status went from Completion Pending to Incomplete, and they added boxes for my law school transcript and deans certification/form.
Mine is incomplete, though I know that my updated transcript and Dean's Certification form were sent out last week. Hopefully they just haven't processed them yet.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am

"File complete; submitted for review" at Duke. Not sure if this means they're actually reviewing the application or just put it in another pile.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 am

From Michigan's transfers page: "Decisions are made beginning in mid-June."

I applied 3 weeks ago, but still haven't even gotten the status checker email. Has anyone heard anything other than "initial app received"?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 am

DeSimone wrote:From Michigan's transfers page: "Decisions are made beginning in mid-June."

I applied 3 weeks ago, but still haven't even gotten the status checker email. Has anyone heard anything other than "initial app received"?
I didn't even get an "app received" e-mail from them. Applied close to a week ago.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Columbia just sent me an e-mail telling me they dont have my 1st year law transcript..still waiting on some grades anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Just wanted to let people know because I'm sure you're getting the same thing...

I've been getting emails in stages. 1st, they email to say "application received", 2nd they email to say "your application is not complete because it is missing your transcript" (but transcripts were sent about a week ago), 3rd they email to say "Your application is complete" once everything processes.

Thus, if you get an "application not complete" email, but you know that your school sent the transcript a few days to a week before, give it some time. If your school sent the transcript over a week ago, you might want to double check.

Also, this tidbit from Penn:
The review process will begin in late June and could take several weeks, although you may receive a decision much sooner.

jstn1104

Bronze

Post by jstn1104 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Just got an email from Columbia saying that I am complete.

lovelaw27

Bronze

Post by lovelaw27 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:44 pm

I went complete today at GULC.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 pm

keg411 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:From Michigan's transfers page: "Decisions are made beginning in mid-June."

I didn't even get an "app received" e-mail from them. Applied close to a week ago.
Got the "App Received" e-mail from Michigan. Sent Cornell and Northwestern.
I'm seriously starting to feel like I'm blowing like $800 on this process only to decide to return to my current school :| .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm

keg411 wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Got the "App Received" e-mail from Michigan. Sent Cornell and Northwestern.
I'm seriously starting to feel like I'm blowing like $800 on this process only to decide to return to my current school :| .
Amen. Why are higher ranked schools so much more to apply to? I'm only applying to UChi, NU, and Michigan and I still complain about it.

plaintiff-appellee

New

Post by plaintiff-appellee » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Submitted NYU app on 6/15 and have not yet received confirmation.

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:23 am

Anyone with anything other than "Application being processed" at NYU? Submitted 5/24, starting to wonder if I should contact.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

DeSimone wrote:Anyone with anything other than "Application being processed" at NYU? Submitted 5/24, starting to wonder if I should contact.
Mine says the same thing. Looking at last years thread, NYU/Columbia status checkers usually weren't updated until end of june/early july. And that was only for the first batch.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mrosmith

Bronze

Post by mrosmith » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 am

Complete at GULC

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 pm

I have been complete at GULC since the EA cycle (deferred), and sent an updated resume/unofficial transcript a while back. at the time, the date of my current status changed to something like 6/15 (the day i sent the stuff). Today, it reads 6/20.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Sent Mich a copy of my unofficial transcript this morning. Just got an e-mail saying they added it to my file, which they said completes it.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Add me to complete today at GULC.
Also, Cornell e-mailed me to say my letter of good standing was missing (unfortunately, our Dean of Students is away until the 27th, but at least I sent them all of the schools and info I need them for).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Tiresias

New

Post by Tiresias » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:00 pm

In my emails and phone conversations with admissions officers, I think the status check is not an accurate or timely indication of where you stand in the process.

Consider this, the committees are getting inundated with information right now. Some of it is from LSAC but some critical elements are not (letter of good standing and for many schools transcripts).

Be calm. There is a massive delay in updating the status check. I will give you an extreme example but one that illustrates the point nonetheless. I sent an application to a school over two weeks ago. I was concerned, much like yourselves, as to whether they even received the materials. So at the end of the week I applied, I called to make sure they had received my materials. They said yes and that I would be receiving an email shortly. That was over 10 days ago, and I got the email yesterday saying I was under review.

I think that most schools (particularly the ones with June 15th deadlines) are more concerned with starting the evaluation process then getting those emails and updates out. Think about it, what is more important, devoting time towards sending emails or starting the decision process. Of course it is inconvenient for us who are waiting, but this has been the general consensus when I have contacted the schools confirming they have my materials.

Good luck everyone. I know it is not an easy time, but fortunately there is a short turnaround for decisions.

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Vronsky wrote:H = "Application Received and Processing"
CLS = "Completion Pending"
NYU = nothing yet unusually (pats self on back)
P = "Application Received and Processing"
UVA = "Transfer App. - In Review"
GULC = "Application Completed" (deferred EA, application updated via email correspondence but no change on Status Checker since April)
Update:

H = Application ready for review
C = still missing transcript (should be there, just waiting for processing for the last two weeks)
N = Application being processed
P = File complete
V = File complete, pending review/decision
G = username/password as of 6/20 and able to access as of 6/21

C and N seem to be the slowest about processing. Maybe they get the most apps?

DeSimone

Bronze

Post by DeSimone » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Vronsky wrote:C and N seem to be the slowest about processing. Maybe they get the most apps?
They have the most ridiculous application requirements.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

DeSimone wrote:
Vronsky wrote:C and N seem to be the slowest about processing. Maybe they get the most apps?
The undergrad certs are horrible. My undergrad is 1000 miles away and graduated in 2005 -- how are they going to analyze me at all except to look at my GPA from back then and lol?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Vronsky

Silver

Post by Vronsky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:52 pm

keg411 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:
The undergrad certs are horrible. My undergrad is 1000 miles away and graduated in 2005 -- how are they going to analyze me at all except to look at my GPA from back then and lol?
What's worse, I just noticed on our OCI page that Cravath requires an undergrad transcript! My 3.2 shit GPA is going to come back and kill me sooner or later.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Vronsky wrote:
keg411 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:
What's worse, I just noticed on our OCI page that Cravath requires an undergrad transcript! My 3.2 shit GPA is going to come back and kill me sooner or later.
:lol: at thinking a 3.25 is a bad undergrad GPA.
Then again I wouldn't bid on Cravath anyway. Ropes & Gray OTOH.... :(.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Vronsky wrote:
keg411 wrote:
DeSimone wrote:
I'd love to have that problem come OCI. :lol:

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Under Review at Michigan

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”