Transfer from UC Hastings to UC Davis Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
grapesnocone

New

Transfer from UC Hastings to UC Davis

Post by grapesnocone » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Hello,
I would like to know what my chances of transferring from UC Hastings to UC Davis are. This is basically a lateral move in terms of ranking, I just prefer the Davis location and atmosphere. I got a 167 LSAT, but unfortunately have a B average Hastings. The Davis website says they like transfers in the top 10%, which I don't have a chance at. Could I get in? I also have work experience and extensive pro bono hours logged first year.

Thanks.

dempsey

New

Re: Transfer from UC Hastings to UC Davis

Post by dempsey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:38 pm

I imagine the preference for top 10% is applicable to students transferring from (far) inferior schools not co-equal institutions. What does a B average translate to rankings wise at U of Hastings? You might have to be at least above median at Hastings to have a good shot, though I really don't know as lateral transfers are not very common

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Isn't that like top 1/3 at Hastings? That would probs get you in....the biggest issue would be that it would likely be a mistake. Just tough it out if you can.

dempsey

New

Post by dempsey » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah, if you are in top 1/3 at Hastings might be smart to just tough it out...but if you are median, and prefer the Davis location, and transfer application is successful, can't think of the harm

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

dempsey wrote:Yeah, if you are in top 1/3 at Hastings might be smart to just tough it out...but if you are median, and prefer the Davis location, and transfer application is successful, can't think of the harm
Yeah, median and below and it probably wouldn't matter.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”