Transfer from T22 to Fordham Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sixburgher

New

Transfer from T22 to Fordham

Post by sixburgher » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 am

I am starting LS at a T25 school this Fall with a great scholarship, and my school is not in the NYC area.

My cousin, who recently graduated from a master's program, is working in the staffing/HR department for a Vault T25 NYC firm (she has work experience in this area and was brought on at a higher level, not entry). I'd love to work at this firm, and she's confident about placing me as an SA in 2012 (because of her work she has connections to other NYC firms hiring departments).

Given this connection, would it be significantly better for me to be local to NYC? Should I try to transfer to Fordham, or do Fordham transfers get lost in the OCI shuffle? I've gotten her opinion, but I want to see what the board says.

Diamond

Re: Transfer from T22 to Fordham

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:00 pm

sixburgher wrote:I am starting LS at a T25 school this Fall with a great scholarship, and my school is not in the NYC area.

My cousin, who recently graduated from a master's program, is working in the staffing/HR department for a Vault T25 NYC firm (she has work experience in this area and was brought on at a higher level, not entry). I'd love to work at this firm, and she's confident about placing me as an SA in 2012 (because of her work she has connections to other NYC firms hiring departments).

Given this connection, would it be significantly better for me to be local to NYC? Should I try to transfer to Fordham, or do Fordham transfers get lost in the OCI shuffle? I've gotten her opinion, but I want to see what the board says.
Why not ask your mythical friend if it will help? She'd be the best person to answer a question like that.

sixburgher

New

Post by sixburgher » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm

sixburgher wrote:Given this connection, would it be significantly better for me to be local to NYC? Should I try to transfer to Fordham, or do Fordham transfers get lost in the OCI shuffle? I've gotten her opinion, but I want to see what the board says.
I did, but I want to see if anyone has had any experience with this.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 pm

sixburgher wrote:I am starting LS at a T25 school this Fall with a great scholarship, and my school is not in the NYC area.

Why would you need whats bolded in the latter when you have the former?

Edited: because I make stupid typos and get called out :oops:
Last edited by trialjunky on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:08 pm

trialjunky wrote: Why would you need whats bolded in the ladder when you have the former?
You mean this?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:11 pm

SAE wrote:
trialjunky wrote: Why would you need whats bolded in the ladder when you have the former?
You mean this?

lol typo! Dont judge me :oops: :oops: :oops:

Officially stoping TLSing and actually doing work at the same time. Not enough brain cells for that

MJMD

Bronze

Post by MJMD » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:15 pm

SAE wrote:
You mean this?
Silliness aside, seriously: if you're already confident of getting a good placement in NYC as a law student at your current school, why on earth would you sacrifice a great scholarship to attend a lower-ranked school, whether in NYC or not? Not to mention giving up all the 2L and 3L activities that look good on a resume but which transfer students don't get to do. That doesn't make any sense.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

you can't participate at early oci if you transfer to fordham

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”