How do transfer schools get your ranking? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschool7777

Bronze

How do transfer schools get your ranking?

Post by lawschool7777 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:59 pm

I need to send out my applications before the official rankings come out. Based on previous years, I know that I fall between the top 5 and 10 percent, but I cant stay that officially yet. How do transfer schools find out what your ranking is? Thank you

traydeuce

Silver

Re: How do transfer schools get your ranking?

Post by traydeuce » Thu May 27, 2010 1:02 am

Yeah, so what happens is that (a) they just know from experience of dealing with your transfer students, (b) maybe your deciles are public info. on your law school website (ours are), (c) you get your school to send an official transcript to LSAC, who distributes it to your schools, once grades do come out, and that transcript says, (d) maybe it doesn't say (suppose your school doesn't rank), but the school sends in some supplemental form saying roughly what it is.

lawschool7777

Bronze

Post by lawschool7777 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 am

When rankings come out, our school will send us a fax stating our ranking. Do you think that it would be sufficient to fax that on to my transfer schools?

yabbadabbado

Bronze

Post by yabbadabbado » Thu May 27, 2010 9:12 am

If your official ranking is not calculated until later, you ask the school to send an estimated ranking if the school you want to apply to will accept it. That's what I had to do since transfer apps were due in June and my old school did not calculate official rankings until sometime in August.

As far as the fax goes, you'll have to ask that question to the schools you are applying to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”