transfer from a low tier 2 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mapnoren

New

transfer from a low tier 2

Post by mapnoren » Wed May 26, 2010 1:54 pm

I currently attend a low tier 2 in the midwest, and just received my 1L grades. I finished in the top 20-25% of my class and am hoping to transfer to a tier 1 school in a stronger market that falls in-between the high 20's and the low 40's, probably Florida, Colorado, Washington, etc. Is this feasible, or should I stay?

apper123

Silver

Re: transfer from a low tier 2

Post by apper123 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Where do you want to work? If you have NO geographic preference, I'd tend to think staying is a better option. If you have a strong geographic preference, then go to a school there if you can get in. If that preference is in your home law school's market, obv stay.

mapnoren

New

Post by mapnoren » Wed May 26, 2010 3:43 pm

I really don't want to stay in the Midwest, I would prefer either the SE or the West Coast.

thinkbig

Bronze

Post by thinkbig » Wed May 26, 2010 3:46 pm

mapnoren wrote:I really don't want to stay in the Midwest, I would prefer either the SE or the West Coast.
go to stanford

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed May 26, 2010 3:48 pm

This is what happens when students pass up the local TTT in their desired market to attend a marginally higher ranked school in a market they have zero interest in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mapnoren

New

Post by mapnoren » Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 pm

To add to the confusion, what are my chances at Iowa, Minn, Wisc, and WUSTL?

yabbadabbado

Bronze

Post by yabbadabbado » Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 am

Check the transferapps database. Back when I was applying to transfer a few years ago, your chances at WUSTL would have been about zero. I would assume your chances at the other schools you listed aren't much better. Further, those schools aren't going to give you any meaningful increase in job prospects in the places you mentioned in your first post.
mapnoren wrote:To add to the confusion, what are my chances at Iowa, Minn, Wisc, and WUSTL?
Last edited by yabbadabbado on Thu May 27, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:38 am

mapnoren wrote:I currently attend a low tier 2 in the midwest, and just received my 1L grades. I finished in the top 20-25% of my class and am hoping to transfer to a tier 1 school in a stronger market that falls in-between the high 20's and the low 40's, probably Florida, Colorado, Washington, etc. Is this feasible, or should I stay?
You could probably get into UF, but I have no idea why you would do that...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”