PS on why i want to transfer from T3 in NYC to NYU or C.... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
absilv123

New

PS on why i want to transfer from T3 in NYC to NYU or C....

Post by absilv123 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Have a 4.0 at my T3 right now (waiting for 2nd semester grades but lets just assume for sake of arg that I do well....say...3.75+ cumulative)...I want to transfer to NYU or Columbia, but I cant seem to fig out what to write for my personal statement....both schools say they want to know why i want to transfer blah blah.......CLEARLY they know why i want to transfer tho lol. Maybe if I was coming from a diff state than it'd be less obvious.....but NYU, for example, is down the street from my current school...clearly i'm applying bc NYU is NYU....

Any ideas on how I should approach this...I have one year of professional experience as a legal recruiter before starting law school and i'm working for a well known IP firm in NYC over the summer....

Thanks again!

yabbadabbado

Bronze

Re: PS on why i want to transfer from T3 in NYC to NYU or C....

Post by yabbadabbado » Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Don't over think this. Pick out some programs and classes, clinics, profs, whatever that are not offered at your current school. Say you want to be taught by the best legal minds in the world, want a more mobile degree, want to go to a top university, are up for the challenge blah blah blah. I'm sure you can filled up 1 double spaced page with that sort of stuff. Grades/class rank are what will get you in, so don't obsess over the PS

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”