chances at UVA, W&M Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UVAundergrad

New

chances at UVA, W&M

Post by UVAundergrad » Wed May 19, 2010 12:47 pm

I currently attend a top 30 school. For money issues, I was wondering what are my chances at W&M. Also, a long shot, but I was wondering if my chances at UVa. I am a VA state resident.

1st Semester: 3.33
2nd Semester: 3.8

Total: 3.56, Top 25%

MusicNutMeggie

Bronze

Re: chances at UVA, W&M

Post by MusicNutMeggie » Fri May 28, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm just a 0L, but I've spent a fair amount of time researching transfers, and conventional wisdom says that top 25%ish at a T1 wouldn't cut it for UVA-- more like top 15%, minimum. Also, I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that VA state residency only helped you for admission as a 1L, not for transfers. Good luck!

Arrow

Bronze

Re: chances at UVA, W&M

Post by Arrow » Sat May 29, 2010 10:17 pm

UVAundergrad wrote:I currently attend a top 30 school. For money issues, I was wondering what are my chances at W&M. Also, a long shot, but I was wondering if my chances at UVa. I am a VA state resident.

1st Semester: 3.33
2nd Semester: 3.8

Total: 3.56, Top 25%
A transfer to W&M should be no problem, as that is a lateral transfer and generally top 25% is definitely good enough. Alternatively, UVA would be more of a reach, and not completely out of the question. I would definitely still apply to both, and maybe with some UBER softs + UBER luck, you may make it into UVA. While it is great that you have an upward improvement, there does not seem to be much evidence that schools really take that into account too much. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”