Transferring from Case Western or IU-Bloomington? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Fiction

New

Transferring from Case Western or IU-Bloomington?

Post by Fiction » Fri May 14, 2010 2:29 pm

edit
Last edited by Fiction on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Slimpee

Silver

Re: Transferring from Case Western or IU-Bloomington?

Post by Slimpee » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm

In before someone tells you it's easier to retake the lsat than it is to get top 10% and transfer :D

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Slimpee wrote:In before someone tells you it's easier to retake the lsat than it is to get top 10% and transfer :D

DAMN IT! Just missed it. No matter . . .

Fiction

New

Post by Fiction » Fri May 14, 2010 2:40 pm

edit
Last edited by Fiction on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Fri May 14, 2010 2:56 pm

Fiction wrote:
Slimpee wrote:In before someone tells you it's easier to retake the lsat than it is to get top 10% and transfer :D
I realize this, hence why I said "I would be content going to either school". And why I said that this was simply "one of the factors that plays into my decision".

How to you manage to transfer with such poor reading skills?
A. I guarantee that'd be the advice given (see second reply).

B. I haven't transferred anywhere.

As for add'l advice, visit the schools and don't pick based solely on ranking. Which one does you gut like?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fiction

New

Post by Fiction » Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 pm

edit
Last edited by Fiction on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

MSUPHL

Bronze

Post by MSUPHL » Fri May 14, 2010 3:28 pm

lol never heard anyone speak so highly of Cleveland...

Fiction

New

Post by Fiction » Fri May 14, 2010 3:37 pm

edit
Last edited by Fiction on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pisto3

New

Post by Pisto3 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:43 pm

Never plan to transfer (yes, OP snark, I didn't miss your giant bold words, but the fact that you even said them says something), but I'd go IU-Bloominton T30 over T2. You can't guarantee you'll be in the top 10%, even if you gun hard. Also Case has a very "academic" rep with a lot of kids shooting high. A current student told me that the library is always packed and the academic attitude is extremely serious. If Case was that underrated it probably would have moved up instead of stagnating in the past year's rankings. Also IU = WAY more fun than Case.

Oh and the UG population is much (much) hotter at IU than Case.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Pisto3 wrote:Never plan to transfer (yes, OP snark, I didn't miss your giant bold words, but the fact that you even said them says something), but I'd go IU-Bloominton T30 over T2. You can't guarantee you'll be in the top 10%, even if you gun hard. Also Case has a very "academic" rep with a lot of kids shooting high. A current student told me that the library is always packed and the academic attitude is extremely serious. If Case was that underrated it probably would have moved up instead of stagnating in the past year's rankings. Also IU = WAY more fun than Case.

What horrible reasons to choose one law school over another. You won't be enjoying any of the fun at IUB while in law school unless you expect to have horrible grades. Law school's a job, undergrad is over buddy. Second, there are pretty girls everywhere, and if you can't get one in a city as big as Cleveland, whether she goes to Case or not, then you just have no game.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Fri May 14, 2010 3:52 pm

[quote="Fiction"

I would be very content going to both schools, so one of the factors that plays into my decision is my desire to transfer.

Haha, jurisdictional nexis.

IUB would give you better transfer prospects, but it might be easier to rank higher in your class at Case.

And yes, you won't be having fun at IU if you hope to transfer. It's all just a distraction. And the library is always "packed" at any law school.

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Bankhead wrote:[quote="Fiction"

I would be very content going to both schools, so one of the factors that plays into my decision is my desire to transfer.

Haha, jurisdictional nexis.

IUB would give you better transfer prospects, but it might be easier to rank higher in your class at Case.

And yes, you won't be having fun at IU if you hope to transfer. It's all just a distraction. And the library is always "packed" at any law school.
Exactly. Look IUB current students' posts and read about how much "fun" they're having.

Pisto3

New

Post by Pisto3 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:14 pm

scionb4 wrote:
Pisto3 wrote:Never plan to transfer (yes, OP snark, I didn't miss your giant bold words, but the fact that you even said them says something), but I'd go IU-Bloominton T30 over T2. You can't guarantee you'll be in the top 10%, even if you gun hard. Also Case has a very "academic" rep with a lot of kids shooting high. A current student told me that the library is always packed and the academic attitude is extremely serious. If Case was that underrated it probably would have moved up instead of stagnating in the past year's rankings. Also IU = WAY more fun than Case.

What horrible reasons to choose one law school over another. You won't be enjoying any of the fun at IUB while in law school unless you expect to have horrible grades. Law school's a job, undergrad is over buddy. Second, there are pretty girls everywhere, and if you can't get one in a city as big as Cleveland, whether she goes to Case or not, then you just have no game.
Who brought the wet blanket?

First of all, "buddy", a bit of background on me...I worked a 40+ hour job to support my family while at undergrad full time (William and Mary Bio/Phil.) and have worked the past 6 years in the "real world" as a certified Senior Project Manager in New York City (architecture and construction) and in Boston (application and web development). I've worked plenty of 80+ hour weeks, so "undergrad" has been "over" for me for a long time.

Secondly, just as a bit of proof of my statement: Source: collegeprowler.com (don't know what sex OP is, but...):

Case Western UG:
Guys: C
Girls: B

IUB UG:
Guys: A-
Girls: A-

Lastly, it was a JOKE, no one in their right mind would choose a school on how hot the girls/guys are and everyone knows law school isn't fun, especially for someone who is looking already at transferring - well, at least most TLSers, anyways... Is Miami still taking apps, collegeprowler says girls: A!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Fri May 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Fiction wrote:
I realize this, hence why I said "I would be content going to either school". And why I said that this was simply "one of the factors that plays into my decision".

How did you manage to transfer with such poor reading skills?
Look, Fiction:

People don't like these threads for the same reason they hate the "what are my chances" threads from kids without LSAT scores.

Until you come in here with first year (at least first semester) grades and the school you go to this is all meaningless.

You first say you'd be content at either of the schools you're in at now, but then you go on to say that you want to go to chicago and that you'd be content at any of the t14. Dude, seriously? You won't be "content" until you're in at a t14 or chicago or w/e. And the only way to do that (according to your plan) is to transfer. And for ANYONE on here to give you any indication of which school would be better to transfer from without grades would be purely a guessing game. Transferring is even more of a crapshoot that regular admissions.

So, like everyone else, re-take the LSAT.

And when you don't take that advice, go to the school you think you can perform better at (because transferring or not, that is what is most important).

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Pisto3 wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

First of all, "buddy", a bit of background on me...I worked a 40+ hour job to support my family while at undergrad full time (William and Mary Bio/Phil.) and have worked the past 6 years in the "real world" as a certified Senior Project Manager in New York City (architecture and construction) and in Boston (application and web development). I've worked plenty of 80+ hour weeks, so "undergrad" has been "over" for me for a long time.

Secondly, just as a bit of proof of my statement: Source: collegeprowler.com (don't know what sex OP is, but...):

Case Western UG:

IUB UG:

Lastly, it was a JOKE, no one in their right mind would choose a school on how hot the girls/guys are and everyone knows law school isn't fun, especially for someone who is looking already at transferring - well, at least most TLSers, anyways... Is Miami still taking apps, collegeprowler says girls: A!
I think it's funny that someone with such an established career/homelife would visit a website like collegeprowler.com.

Pisto3

New

Post by Pisto3 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:44 pm

I think it's funny that someone with such an established career/homelife would visit a website like collegeprowler.com.
Evidence can come from the most unlikely of sources :)

chitown825

Bronze

Post by chitown825 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:17 pm

The transfer forum is NOT FOR 0Ls!

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon May 17, 2010 12:24 am

scionb4 wrote:
Pisto3 wrote:
scionb4 wrote:

Case Western UG:

IUB UG:

Come on dude, law school is not THAT hard. And the IU girls are unbelieveably good looking, and yes it DOES help your morale to have them aorund. Environment is more important than you realize. You need to maintain a positive mentality and having fun once and a while helps. I wanted to crawl up and die after spending just one day visiting Case Western.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”