Whats your plan of attack? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stinger35

Silver

Whats your plan of attack?

Post by stinger35 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 pm

I am really just trying to distract myself from studying for my last final tomorrow, but....

What is everyones plan of attack for the next few weeks? I dont anticipate getting into to Chicago, but do think I will hear soon.

Regardless, I plan on spending the few weeks before my judicial internship just getting all the t14 apps ready to go - my grades come out at the beginning of June and if they are good enough to warrant applying, I'll enter my grades in my personal statement and I'll send them all out day of. Request letters of good standing, etc. same day and inform GULC of my grades as well. No ranking until mid summer so probably just have to estimate that.

Just wondering what everyone else was doing

eddietx12

New

Re: Whats your plan of attack?

Post by eddietx12 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:38 pm

My plan of attack was to send some applications.. jesus.. attack your books and do well.. and fill out some f'ing forms.. its not rocket science..

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Tue May 11, 2010 5:57 pm

eddietx12 wrote:My plan of attack was to send some applications.. jesus.. attack your books and do well.. and fill out some f'ing forms.. its not rocket science..
Neither are ellipses (or periods if that is what you were going for) but you can't seem to figure that out

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Tue May 11, 2010 6:24 pm

. . . :)

But I think im doing basically your plan, im gonna try and pre-get everythign done before I start at teh court, but I have a feeling it won't all get done. Then wait for grades figure out where im gonna apply and send them out. It sucks how late grades come out and im pretty sure I didn't do well, so this 6 weeks is brutal.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

kings84_wr wrote:But I think im doing basically your plan, im gonna try and pre-get everythign done before I start at teh court, but I have a feeling it won't all get done.
You're working for a judge? I'm assuming he didn't ask for a writing sample.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Tue May 11, 2010 6:31 pm

kings84_wr wrote:. . . :)

But I think im doing basically your plan, im gonna try and pre-get everythign done before I start at teh court, but I have a feeling it won't all get done. Then wait for grades figure out where im gonna apply and send them out. It sucks how late grades come out and im pretty sure I didn't do well, so this 6 weeks is brutal.
I didn't realize you had jumped on board the self-doubt train. Seems like all of us think we did terribly so the odds are we didn't. Luckily my judge gave me four weeks off so that should give me some time. Hopefully only a 3 week wait for grades.

tbo123123

New

Post by tbo123123 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

If you have a law school final tomorrow, and you're on a discussion board regarding transfering, I'm going to basically wager that you're not going to "transfer in" to a school of your top choice.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

tbo123123 wrote:If you have a law school final tomorrow, and you're on a discussion board regarding transfering, I'm going to basically wager that you're not going to "transfer in" to a school of your top choice.
i post constantly on the days, hell even hours before all my finals when i should have been studying... both this semester and last. im transferring from a T2 to a T14. plz go away with your snobbery. some of us dont find studying every available second we can be breathing to be helpful. mental breaks are good.

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Haha. Great response. Same here. Top grades, going to a top school, and I still like to chill out every so often.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm

stinger35 wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:My plan of attack was to send some applications.. jesus.. attack your books and do well.. and fill out some f'ing forms.. its not rocket science..
Neither are ellipses (or periods if that is what you were going for) but you can't seem to figure that out
Ugh, I'm not usually a conventions Nazi, but this is one of my serious pet peeves. People do it all the time!!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
Ugh, I'm not usually a conventions Nazi, but this is one of my serious pet peeves. People do it all the time!!
yeah... it can really... get to me too... at least sometimes...

ConMan345

Silver

Post by ConMan345 » Tue May 11, 2010 8:41 pm

apper123 wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
stinger35 wrote:
yeah... it can really... get to me too... at least sometimes...
It also bothers me when people say they like something "well." I'm not sure if it's strictly wrong, but it never sounds right to me. Liking should be measured in amounts, not by skill.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:23 pm

apper123 wrote:
tbo123123 wrote:If you have a law school final tomorrow, and you're on a discussion board regarding transfering, I'm going to basically wager that you're not going to "transfer in" to a school of your top choice.
i post constantly on the days, hell even hours before all my finals when i should have been studying... both this semester and last. im transferring from a T2 to a T14. plz go away with your snobbery. some of us dont find studying every available second we can be breathing to be helpful. mental breaks are good.
Nice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue May 11, 2010 11:30 pm

stinger35 wrote:
apper123 wrote:
Nice.
+1

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 11, 2010 11:33 pm

apper123 wrote:
Vanwinkle, J. concurs in the opinion without comment.

dcpolitico

Bronze

Post by dcpolitico » Wed May 12, 2010 12:08 am

I was thinking about visiting some of my target schools. Anyone else?

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Wed May 12, 2010 12:46 am

I might visit GULC before I decide for sure, but I don't have enough money to visit schools that I haven't gotten into. I'm on the west coast, and it's expensive to fly out east. Maybe I can drive to Stanford and dream about getting in there. But that will never happen. It would, however, be nice to have a reason to visit Chicago... lol.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sigmachiev

New

Post by sigmachiev » Wed May 12, 2010 1:00 am

apper123 wrote:
This is right and ditto for me.

Also as for my plan: basically take a minute to cool out and get a couple apps in order, wait for grades, send. I might get one more LoR for a prof who taught at one of the few schools I'd take over GULC, so I might get a direct letter in that case. But other than that, same shit as with GULC. Don't have time to visit w/ work starting up later this month.
Last edited by sigmachiev on Wed May 12, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:05 am

sigmachiev wrote:
apper123 wrote:
This is right and ditto for me.
If apper wouldn't have posted this and so many people not concurred, i probably would have thought the dude was right and spent the day trying to over-study or in the Pennoyer thread talking about how I didn't prepare as well as I should have and I am going to fail Con Law tomorrow.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 am

Yeah, I'm still up at 3:11 Pacific, and I'm feelin' great! :)

My wife is so awesome. She's never heard a word of this stuff and sits there and talks me through everything and helps sort out the jumble that can be my head. It really helps having someone to talk to that can hear concepts and be there right with you as you go off on deaper analysis. I am freaking lucky. I would probably have C-'ed torts if she wouldn't have helped me tonight, seriously.

Anyway, I am getting all of the ammo ready to fire come grades time, however, I won't send out apps. until I get grades. A 5 person movement either way (I have a very small class size) could put me in contention for a t14 or barely keep me in contention for a t30.

Actually, scratch that, even a 2 person swing would put me into either the top 6% or top 2%, so yeah, there is a lot of pressure, haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”