T2 to GMU Law? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
PitchO20

Bronze

T2 to GMU Law?

Post by PitchO20 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:48 pm

What am I looking at to go from a 'well-regarded' T2 (Villanova, Penn St) to a lower T1 like George Mason? Top 25%? 15%?

Bankhead

Silver

Re: T2 to GMU Law?

Post by Bankhead » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Top 40% would probably do it, couldn't imagine too many people want to transfer into GMU.

2009 Prospective

Bronze

Re: T2 to GMU Law?

Post by 2009 Prospective » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Bankhead wrote:Top 40% would probably do it, couldn't imagine too many people want to transfer into GMU.
Agreed. Unless you have an extremely pressing geographic need, I can't imagine many good reasons to give up your GPA and friends at your old school for GMU. I'll take a wild guess that you're from Northern VA looking to move back to the area and get in-state? I'm not sure what rank you would need but the website says top 20%. Also fwiw, GMU seems like a difficult school to adjust to as a transfer due to some odd quirks (eg economics class, 4 semesters of lrw among others).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”