HYS Transfers/Current Students who know about transferring Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dbt

Silver

HYS Transfers/Current Students who know about transferring

Post by dbt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 am

I would appreciate your help in answering any of the following questions:

(1) can you clarify the law review competition for transfers? for instance, and correct me if I'm wrong, at SLS it seems that there is a separate, later Law Review competition for transfers, but at HLS it seems that transfers are expected to participate in the Law Review competition with everyone else, even though transfers haven't been admitted/denied yet? And as for YLS, there is no information

(2) do you know the approximate admit rate for transfers last year (or typically) at your school?

thanks much in advance

Gold

Re: HYS Transfers/Current Students who know about transferring

Post by 270910 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:11 pm

dbt wrote:I would appreciate your help in answering any of the following questions:

(1) can you clarify the law review competition for transfers? for instance, and correct me if I'm wrong, at SLS it seems that there is a separate, later Law Review competition for transfers, but at HLS it seems that transfers are expected to participate in the Law Review competition with everyone else, even though transfers haven't been admitted/denied yet? And as for YLS, there is no information

(2) do you know the approximate admit rate for transfers last year (or typically) at your school?

thanks much in advance
I believe last year S took 6/10 transfers onto SLR, and YLS / YLJ was very similar. Both schools have post-transfer-acceptance write on competitions.

No idea what Harvard's acceptance rate is, but I get the impression that by forcing people to do the tryout middle of May prior to admissions decisions very, very few people take the tryout.

p.s. for the record, if you can get into YHS from NYU, you probably would do better staying at NYU.

dbt

Silver

Re: HYS Transfers/Current Students who know about transferring

Post by dbt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:19 pm

thx that's really helpful.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”