Transferring from T4 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mti

New

Transferring from T4

Post by mti » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey,

I'm 30th of 360 at John Marshall (Top 8%). Do these numbers make it possible to get into Notre Dame, UChicago, or Northwestern?

Thanks

xferAlt

New

Re: Transferring from T4

Post by xferAlt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:56 pm

I'm going with no.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Give UIUC a shot as well. They take a good amount of transfers.

ND takes very few transfers.

UChicago takes a decent amount (about 20-30 from what I've seen). I doubt 30th at JMLS has a prayer there.

NW might be worth your time though I think its doubtful you'll be accepted.

Try IU-B, WI, and IA. Also, Loyola-Chi and Kent place decently well in Chicago as well.

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Give UIUC a shot as well. They take a good amount of transfers.

ND takes very few transfers.

UChicago takes a decent amount (about 20-30 from what I've seen). I doubt 30th at JMLS has a prayer there.

NW might be worth your time though I think its doubtful you'll be accepted.

Try IU-B, WI, and IA. Also, Loyola-Chi and Kent place decently well in Chicago as well.

...this.

nahgems

Bronze

Post by nahgems » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

I don't know much about JM but I've heard (I think via Yahoo Transfer forum) that local transfers often have a significant advantage over their non-local peers. For example, someone who transferred into Boalt last year said that 5 of the incoming Boalt transfers were from GGU. I assume most people wouldn't expect that. You can always apply and hope?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am

nahgems wrote:I don't know much about JM but I've heard (I think via Yahoo Transfer forum) that local transfers often have a significant advantage over their non-local peers. For example, someone who transferred into Boalt last year said that 5 of the incoming Boalt transfers were from GGU. I assume most people wouldn't expect that. You can always apply and hope?
But they only seem to take the tippy top from that school, though your point is valid. OP, if you're willing to move a bit further, I'd say you have a great shot at Emory, Minn., and WUSTL as well. I personally don't think it'd be worth it to give up top 8% and LR at John Marshall to go to Kent, Depaul, or Loyola. UIUC is probably your best best I would guess.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”