b Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
susiecusieq

New

b

Post by susiecusieq » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:44 pm

b
Last edited by susiecusieq on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

A'nold

Gold

Re: Transfer offer home school scholarship

Post by A'nold » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:54 pm

susiecusieq wrote:I'm going to GULC on no scholarship and it is hugely expensive. I'm doing well and thinking of applying to transfer for a variety of reasons. Would GULC make me a scholarship counter offer if I was accepted elsewhere?
I hope not, I need your spot. :P

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:56 pm

I doubt it. I don't really know, though.

xferAlt

New

Post by xferAlt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

susiecusieq wrote:I'm going to GULC on no scholarship and it is hugely expensive. I'm doing well and thinking of applying to transfer for a variety of reasons. Would GULC make me a scholarship counter offer if I was accepted elsewhere?
Have you tried the admissions office at GULC? They might know the answer to your question.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:49 pm

xferAlt wrote:
Have you tried the admissions office at GULC? They might know the answer to your question.
OP was asking if asking the admissions office would work. Asking them this would take away all of OP's leverage.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xferAlt

New

Post by xferAlt » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:39 am

Halibut6 wrote:
xferAlt wrote:
OP was asking if asking the admissions office would work. Asking them this would take away all of OP's leverage.
First off, congrats to the OP for killing it a GULC. That is awesome. Now transfer. I want your spot. :mrgreen:

Respectfully, I disagree, as OP has nothing to leverage at this point.

Preemptively, I fail to see how asking if GULC gives top returning students scholarships would put the OP at any significant disadvantage. It's not like OP has scholarships to lose at this point; nor do I find it likely that GULC would somehow note the OP's inquiry and use that against him/her later, should they get an acceptance to leverage. It's not like this is a unique situation which would surprise the scholarship committee (or whoever doles out $$ at GULC).

Gold

Post by 270910 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 am

Only crappy schools give scholarships to top students to stay. At good schools, one less top student is one more job for somebody else. At crappy ones, since only people with sterling GPAs are getting sweet jobs and the curve is harsher, losing the top students can hurt the school's employment picture more directly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”