Sorry - please delete thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anli

New

Sorry - please delete thread

Post by anli » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Sorry, I realized that this post contained too much identifying data and I'd rather retain what little anonymity I can. Thanks to legends and to apper for your replies; I really appreciate them.
Last edited by anli on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

legends159

Silver

Re: CCN --> HY

Post by legends159 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:06 pm

if you care that much, then go to Yale.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Heh I'm in a similar position about wanting to work in politics, and my decision is a regional T2 vs. maybe some lower T14s (if I get in).

Based on your post, my guess is that you are at NYU.

I'm not really qualified to answer your post, but I will say many big names on capitol hill graduated from Harvard. I don't see Yale often, but that's for the obvious reasons. Of course this is all based on my sample size of checking someone's wiki every time I see them in the news.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 pm

apper123 wrote:Heh I'm in a similar position about wanting to work in politics, and my decision is a regional T2 vs. maybe some lower T14s (if I get in).

I'm not really qualified to answer your post, but I will say many big names on capitol hill graduated from Harvard. I don't see Yale often, but that's for the obvious reasons. Of course this is all based on my sample size of checking someone's wiki every time I see them in the news.
I should start doing this, as I know nothing about anything.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 pm

A'nold wrote:
apper123 wrote:Heh I'm in a similar position about wanting to work in politics, and my decision is a regional T2 vs. maybe some lower T14s (if I get in).

I should start doing this, as I know nothing about anything.
I do this quite often, especially with lawyers. I like to look at people's careers and how they got to where they are today. Where did they go to law school? Where did they start? Where did they move? The more I know about this, the more accurately I can plan my own career.

OP: if you want I can edit out what I figured out from my reply.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anli

New

Re: Sorry - please delete thread

Post by anli » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 am

It's no problem, but thank you for the offer! Btw, I also look up everyone in wikipedia- it's amazing.

mps

New

Post by mps » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 am

from my experience, many people on the hill went to the local schools for where they are representing/where their boss is representing. (i didnt see the initial post, i am just commenting on what someone else said earlier about where people on the hill went to school. regional schools are represented prettty prettty pretttty well [to be read in larry david's voice]). (also, very poor sentence construction).

actually, i remember when i was taking the lsat i was pulled aside by like a gazillion different high powered people who told me their scores and said it didnt matter. and considering i heard their stories, and know where they went, and know their current positions, i am inclined to believe it is all about locality, and what you yourself do. i have no idea what this thread is about. but location = key for politics, from my experience.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

mps wrote:actually, i remember when i was taking the lsat i was pulled aside by like a gazillion different high powered people who told me their scores and said it didnt matter. and considering i heard their stories, and know where they went, and know their current positions, i am inclined to believe it is all about locality, and what you yourself do. i have no idea what this thread is about. but location = key for politics, from my experience.
Hmmm, kind of sort of but not really. Location is key for personal office congressional politics, because it's an amalgamation of elected officials with very strong local ties and interests. But there's a tier above it - of lobbiests, congressional committee staffs, civil servants in agency jobs, etc. where it is actually a ferocious 'meritocracy' and you'll see ivy degrees, high grades, impressive resumes, and top law schools everywhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”