Chances at Georgetown EA Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
johndoe

New

Chances at Georgetown EA

Post by johndoe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:47 pm

3ddd
Last edited by johndoe on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

transferhopeful12

New

Re: Chances at Georgetown EA

Post by transferhopeful12 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm not sure but that's a great GPA. I've been wondering how Georgetown, or any other school, compares students like yourself, who have done fantastic at lower-ranked schools to students like me, around 20% at UCLA/Tex/Vandy. I'm guessing top 1-5% at non T1s have the edge over me, but I really have no idea how the adcoms compare us.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:53 pm

transferhopeful12 wrote:I'm not sure but that's a great GPA. I've been wondering how Georgetown, or any other school, compares students like yourself, who have done fantastic at lower-ranked schools to students like me, around 20% at UCLA/Tex/Vandy. I'm guessing top 1-5% at non T1s have the edge over me, but I really have no idea how the adcoms compare us.
My guess is that you're both in. However, why would one want to transfer from UT to GULC, esp. with that class rank at Texas?

chitown825

Bronze

Post by chitown825 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:34 pm

I kid you not, I have never heard of Brooklyn Law School until you just said it right now.

lolTLSbrb

New

Post by lolTLSbrb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
transferhopeful12 wrote:I'm not sure but that's a great GPA. I've been wondering how Georgetown, or any other school, compares students like yourself, who have done fantastic at lower-ranked schools to students like me, around 20% at UCLA/Tex/Vandy. I'm guessing top 1-5% at non T1s have the edge over me, but I really have no idea how the adcoms compare us.
My guess is that you're both in. However, why would one want to transfer from UT to GULC, esp. with that class rank at Texas?

I hope that's true. I applied to Gtown EA top 15% at a T30 outside of DC. I think it makes sense for me, but not if I were at a T20, especially t17 and above - unless you KNOW you want to work in DC.

bkthunder

Bronze

Post by bkthunder » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm

OP, I have the exact same GPA as you at BLS and am also applying to GULC EA (I wonder what our class rank is?)....here's hoping we both get in, although I'm still not 100% sure I'd go...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”